His Ways

Bradley James was always the centre of attention. He was king of everything he did, whether he was acting, or not. He knew how to get people to love him, to worship him, in a way I'd never known before. Maybe it was the way he looked, or the way he spoke. Maybe it was the way his eyes sparkled every time he looked deep into your own. Maybe it was all of it put together...

But I couldn't understand. I watched as he mesmerized everyone on set. I watched as countless girls fell in love with him, in an instant. I watched, and I felt my chest tighten and my heart ache with every girl that could have been the one for him. But there he was, on the last day of filming, a free, single man.

He never really noticed me much... No more than anyone else, anyway. But on our last day working together, I had to talk to him, I had to try to figure him out. I had to.

I walked over, a pink envelope in my hand. His smile radiated as I reached him. I smiled back.

"This was left for you," I handed over the envelope.

"Oh? Who's it from?" he looked amused at the delicate paper, the colour, the heart stamp.

"I don't know," I admitted, though I had a fair idea...

"Ha," he chuckled as he opened it and read the name at the bottom first. "You know that blonde extra from a couple of days ago? Seems she liked me."

I giggled, enjoying his amusement.

"A little too much..." he jokingly looked concerned, making me smile more. How was he always able to do that?

"Didn't you like her?" I asked.

"She was okay," he nodded, "but judging by this, I think she was a little... intense for my liking."

I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"I would show you what she wrote," he waved the paper gently, "but I think it was intended to be private."

"I understand," I smiled at his sweetness, though I couldn't care about what was in the letter.

"I never like the pushy ones," he admitted, randomly.

I felt myself blushing, as the thought occurred to me that I definitely wasn't pushy.

"I prefer it when girls like me for me, not for Arthur, or any other character I play."

I looked down, knowing that I liked Bradley way more than I liked his characters.

"I want a girl that can be my friend first, and something else later on."

Why was he saying this? This was just another time I was confused by his ways.

"You've been the only one," now he was looking down.

"Me?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "You interest me."

"Because I'm not all over you?"

"Yes." He paused. "And because you have this way about you."

Now I was more confused than ever. "A way?"

"I don't know what it is, but you make people like you."

This was weird. I never thought that about myself. I only thought it about him.

"It's like it's effortless for you, you just get people."

"I think the same thing about you," I smiled.

His smile grew back instantly, "You do?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

He looked into my eyes for a moment, and I saw something that I'd never seen before.. I think he was nervous. "Hey," he muttered like a thought had just occurred to him, "do you want to go out for dinner sometime? I think we could have fun... learning each others ways."

I tried to stop my jaw from dropping as I nodded excitedly. "Yes!" I grinned, "I think we could."