Back Together - Robsten fanfiction (o/s)

Back Together

She was watching TV when someone knocked on the door. Assuming it was Suzie who came to pick up the shirt she had forgotten, she grabbed the piece of clothe in her hand and opened the door.
But it wasn't Suzie who stood in front of her when she opened the door.
It was him. Him who she had wished would come and knock on her door since the day he left her two months ago.

She glanced at him and saw that his hair was messy like he had run his hands through it in indecision more than just a couple of times.
Dark shades were planted on his flushed face and above them were his puffy and red-ish eyes directed at her.
He looked exhausted, frustrated and... sad.

"Rob?" she said in disbelief.

"Can I come in? I- I really need to talk to you,"

She didn't believe her own ears - or eyes for that matter.
As she opened the door wider he stepped in.
Standing with a space of few inches between them, they looked at each other for what felt like enternity.

"How are you?" she asked to break the tension between the two of them.

"Kris, I can't-" he said before she had even finished her sentence.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she spoke with a tiny voice looking down the floor.

"It's okay," he said and a small smile formed his lips.

"Kristen, I can't do this anymore. What you did to me was awful-"
she picked up her head by his mentioning of 'the incident' and he saw the regret and sadness in her eyes.

"- but I know you know that and that you didn't mean to do it. I won't say I'm sorry that I left you, 'cause I'm not, and I also decided that I wouldn't come back and that I would move on the second I had walked out through the door, but fuck I miss you Kris! I thought, because of what you did to me, it would be so easy for me to leave you now that I hated you, but after three days, when I'd stopped hating you and realised how much I actually loved you, I was proven that I'd been totally wrong! It'll never be easy for me to leave you no matter what you do."

He paused to look at her and saw the tears running down her cheeks making it hard for him to continue speaking.

"But I've missed you, I miss you, and after several arguments with myself I decided to...
Listen, I forgive you and-"

Kristen swung her arms around his neck and crashed her lips against his before he could finish.
God, she's missed this, missed him.

She pressed her mouth even harder against his as more tears escaped her eyes.
"- can we please get back together?" he completed his sentence smiling into their kiss.

"Mmm!" Kristen murmured eagerly still kissing him.

Rob, who had given in as soon as their lips had touched, grabbed her calves and placed her legs on his hips, before he started moving into the living room.

They both realised that no matter how healthy it had been for them to take a break from one another, they'd missed each other and they loved each other, 'cause true love never dies.

Author's note: this is an one-shot piece, which means that this is the only chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't believe that Kristen cheated on Rob but this piece is written AS IF she did. It's all pure fiction - I don't know Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart or their team in any personal way.