Chapter Two.

I was still shaken up by what had transpired between me and Rowan when I got back to the apartment. I considered bailing on our girls night out, but then immediately pushed the thought away. If I stayed at home on my own, I'd end up thinking about Rowan and what had happened constantly. I needed to go out and try to get him out of my head or I'd go crazy.

I immediately went up to my room to get ready as soon as I got in. If I took too long, Bess would go crazy. She hated waiting for other people to get ready, although she took ages to get ready herself.

I rummaged around in my closet, trying to find something to wear while also trying to shove all thoughts of Rowan from my mind. After ten minutes of being unable to concentrate, I groaned as I slumped down on my bed, putting my head in my hands. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I couldn't stop picturing the way he'd looked. I couldn't stop wondering if he'd been as affected by my touch as I was his.

I jumped slightly when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Frost? Are you getting ready?" Bess shouted from the other side.

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Yes. I won't be long." I called back to her.

"When you're ready, will you do my hair? You know how bad I am at straightening it myself." She said, sounding mortified at the thought of having to straighten her own hair.

I couldn't help but smile, because my best friend was crazy and I loved her.

"You bet. I'll meet you in your room when I'm ready." I called out.

I heard a happy squeal on the other side of the door, which made my smile widen.

"You're the best, Frost!" She yelled, sounding happy.

I tried to focus my mind on thoughts about tonight as I rummaged through my closet once again. I eventually decided to wear a black bardot style crop top and a black skater skirt to match. I pushed my feet into a pair of worn red Dr. Marten boots, vaguely thinking that the colour reminded me of the red highlights in Rowan's hair, but I told myself that wasn't the reason why I'd chosen them. I studied myself in the mirror and decided that I was happy with my appearance. I left my hair down and wavy like it always was and I didn't bother putting on any make up because Bess and Jules had always told me that I didn't need any.

I grabbed a red leather jacket to match my boots before leaving my room and knocking on Bess's door.

The door opened almost immediately and she grinned as she looked over my outfit.

"Why do you always look good, no matter what you wear? You make the rest of us feel insecure beside you." She said, as she opened the door wide, shutting it when I'd entered.

I just shrugged my shoulders as I sat down on the edge of her bed and she sat down on the floor in front of me. I began to straighten her hair, and when I was finally done, she grinned as she checked it over in the mirror.

"Now that we're all ready, we can finally get going!" She said, sounding excited.

I suddenly noticed that she'd already got dressed up. She looked awesome in a black dress that had cut out shoulders and clung to her figure. She'd paired it with black heels and a white blazer that looked perfect with the dress.

"Is Jules ready?" I asked. I hadn't seen Jules since I'd gotten back from training, so I wasn't sure whether she was ready or not.

Bess nodded her head as she grabbed her purse and motioned for me to follow her out of the room.

I followed her into the lounge and saw Jules sat on one of the sofas, scrolling through her phone, looking as beautiful as ever. She wore a white cropped t-shirt made of lace and a white pencil skirt to match. She'd paired it with white wedges and a black leather jacket.