Chapter 35

Hi guys...I would love to hear your opinions.

For those who would like to make a quick scroll back to chapter 9, Rayne has a new face and so does King Lathan in chapter 15, don't miss out on it!

Here's a character that has been absent for a while!

Sir Castor's POV

Even though vampires don't have to sleep for a long time, there will come a time when our body will get at the point of exhaustion and we will be ill tempered and hard to deal with, that's when we know that we need at least one good nights sleep or day, whatever pleases us most.

I was at that point, for I had not slept since Avery Jay was found in the forest.

Why? I didn't know.

I was utterly annoyed by her existence but then again I felt this strange urge to protect her; I kept telling myself that she was with the king now and none of my business anymore.

I wondered if they had still kept her alive or if one of them had lost control and killed her already. For some reason I didn't want her dead, I wanted to know who had bitten her and why he never showed up.

"In thoughts, are you?"

I jumped at the feminine voice and was surprised to see Rayne strolling into the room.

What was she doing here?

"What are you doing here?", I voiced my thoughts.

"Oh hello to you too."

I couldn't help but admire her beauty.

'Why does she look so pretty today.'

She had a spell protecting her thoughts so there was no way for me to know what she wanted.

"Hi." I breathed out.

"So what were you thinking about?", she let herself fall into the chair in front of my desk.

"Why dont you tell me your thoughts first?", I mimicked her.

She scowled playfully but then regained a serious expression.

"Is it about Avery?"

How did she know?

"Why would I think of her?", I asked.

"Is she your mate?"

I gulped hard.

"What?..no, why do you think that",  I was shocked.

"Because I've seen worry in your face when you look at her.", her voice was slick.

"I would know if she was my mate and if she was she would be with me", I looked at her with the 'duh' face.

"I worry about her", Rayne stated calmly.

I didn't know what to say, so I sat and stared at her

"What?", she mumbled.

"I worry about her too." I tried to sound as calm as she had.

"It's weird isn't it? Why would we care about her, if nothing we should hate her.", she looked confused.

I stared at her icy blue eyes and wondered what her pretty lips would feel like.

'What? Now? After I've know her for so long I start feeling attracted to her?'

I got up and started surrounding the desk slowly. She watched with curious eyes and I sensed her nervousness when I leaned against the desk in front of her.