Chapter Two: [this is me]

"Your love was handmade for somebody like me."

  Indigo's POV

            The jeep screeched as it came to a halt on the wet pavement of the clinic, the lights of the parking lot the only thing allowing us to see. Stiles jumped out, along with Scott, Lydia and I. Malia and Kira hadn't shown interest in coming, but both of them seemed a bit off after the trip, anyways.

     My hair instantly flattened as it became soaked from the rain, holding the door so Scott and Stiles could drag the young Derek into the Veterinary Clinic. I grunted as I shut the door, rushing to the other as Lydia ran right into the building. Stiles and Scott held him by his shoulders as they dragged him in. I sighed in relief when I could shut the door on the rain, now only hearing the sound of materials being rushed around. 

    I turned around and watched as they lugged him on to the top of the metal table used for the animals, a blanket cocooned around him. Water droplets dripped from small strands of dark hair, eyes shut in his unconscious state.

    Everyone stilled, heavy breaths echoing as Deaton placed his hand on Derek's arm, staring to him in wonder. All of us watched curiously. 

      "Wow." Deaton nodded. Stiles' eyebrows furrowed, tilting his head.

  "Wow?" He reiterated. "Wow, as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do, kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." 

      Deaton sighed, meeting Stiles' gaze. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

     I watched Lydia slip her hand over Derek's, her eyes shuttering in surprise. "He's cold. Really, cold." 

    "Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked, quirking an eyebrow. Deaton winced, only giving us a shrug.

     "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This─ is well beyond my experience." He shook his head. 

    "So, what do we do with him?" Stiles asked. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, stepping closer towards him as I placed my hands on the table, leaning into his frame. I felt the warm presence of his arm as it settled across my shoulders gently.

   "Until he wakes up?" Deaton raised his eyebrows, before sighing in defeat. "Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

    "You mean from Kate." Stiles nodded. Deaton responded similarly. 

  "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

       Lydia furrowed her eyebrows, pursing her lips. "Why would she want to do this to him?" 

     "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton warned. I heard Stiles scoff. 

    "And bad for anyone else." 

   I nodded slowly, my eyes aching as I blinked.

     "You guys should probably go home." Deaton spoke, and I met his concerned gaze as he nodded to me. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So, maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night─ and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."