4 : f a u l t

CHAPTER FOUR: FAULT

Wait... What?

"Please tell me your kidding!" I pleaded.

"Aubrey, I am very serious and you have to come here NOW!"

"W-which h-hospital?" I asked, stuttering.

She gave me the address of the hospital and she hung up.

Oh my gosh! I can't lose my mom too! I already lost my dad and I became a reck! What more if both my parents are gone? I might as well give up with life already. It was bad enough for my dad's death! I just hope she'll be alright.

I still remember the day my dad was announced dead...

I was there, tapping my pencil impatiently on my desk while waiting for Ms. Dinian to come in. I need this day to come by fast so that I can visit my daddy later. He hasn't woken up yet from his sleep but mommy says that he is just very tired and he only wakes up when I'm asleep. I think that's why he's never awake when I come to visit him but mommy says to not disturb his sleep so I don't do anything.

The classroom door opens with a big slam making me jump. Ms. Dinian enters the room and sits down on the teacher's desk while reading some paper. Principle Davis enters the classroom and calls for my attention to meet her in her office. I didn't do anything bad! Well, not anything I know of at least... When I enter her office I see Zoe sitting down with her right leg crossed over her left leg.

"Aubrey?" she asked turning around looking at me. Our eyes made contact and I can't see any other emotion other than sadness in her eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot red and her cheeks were puffy so I can tell she was crying. It was probably because her boyfriend, Andy, and her had a fight or something but they usually make up after sometime...

"Yes Zo-zo!" I chirpily answered. "What so important that you had to call me? Did you and Andy fight again? Because if you guys broke up, don't worry—" I put my hand on her shoulder "—I'm here for you and besides, at least I don't need to see the two of you sucking face! Wait I don't think that's the problem because I doubt you will call me out of class for that which is making me skip math—wait I am skipping math! Yes! Thank you very very much because I honestly am so so confused I mean like, come on! I am only twelve! Since when did math have letters? I mean—"

"AUBREY! Shut up! That's not why you are here!" My sister shouted, clearly she had lost her patience because of my rambling. "Dad's DEAD for goodness sakes! And all you care for is Algebra?!"

"NO! YOU LIAR! DADDY IS NOT DEAD! HE IS JUST SLEEPING LIKE WHAT MOMMY SAID!" I screamed at her, refusing to believe a single word that comes out of her mouth. "AND PLUS YOU ARE JUST PRANKING ME BECAUSE IF THIS WERE REAL THEN MOMMY SHOULD BE HERE NOT YOU!"

No this can't be real! Mommy said he was just sleeping! Gosh, I am such a gullible twelve year old child. I think like a six year old!

Daddy is gone?

My dad.

And now my mom.

He's gone. She's seriously injured. They were both in a car accident.

Why? Why does life take everyone from me? What else does it expect me to do! I always have a like-trashy life and now, it's not just like-trashy, it's just complete utter shit! It's seriously me—

"Bree? You alright?" Liv said entering the room, snapping me out of my thoughts. With full on honesty, I freaking forgot I was in Liv's house. You can't blame me! I am in a very serious situation wherein I may or may not lose my last parent— aka my mother— and most probably let my sister be my legal guardian since I'm not even eighteen yet... Well at least for five months, which I am really grateful for.