Prologue

The first time I saw Dorian West, it was in a dream. I didn't understand who I was or what I was capable of back then. I didn't understand how to control what I saw.

From the first moment I saw him, I was captivated. I was completely ensnared in his brooding personality and his irresistible good looks. I should have known from the beginning that it wouldn't end well. I should have known that it would end in heartbreak and agony.

Somehow, I knew that wouldn't have changed what had happened. I still would have made the same decisions and nothing would have changed. I didn't regret any of my actions. I couldn't regret them when all of them had led me to Dorian, when all of them led to us being together.

From the moment we met, I felt as if I'd found something that I'd never realised I'd been missing. I felt like I'd found the missing part of my soul.

I didn't want him to risk his life for me. I never wanted him to get hurt because of me. Only now I realise that if I could go back, I would change things. I would do anything if it meant that he'd be safe.

The only thing I can do now is try to protect him like he's protected me.

I will do anything to protect him. Anything.