Chapter Two

I pushed my hair back out of my face, that same thought still repeating in my head. That was Dorian, the guy I'd been dreaming about. That was his voice. I was certain of it. He was real.

I slumped down against the wall as the fact that he was real and just saved my life pounded through my brain. I had no doubt that that thing would have killed me if it wasn't for Dorian. It looked like something that enjoyed killing.

Startled by that thought, I reached into my pocket for my phone, not really sure who I was planning to call. When I pushed a button and nothing happened, I realised that the battery was dead and cursed as I shoved it back into my pocket.

My heart almost burst out of my chest when a figure suddenly lurched around the dumpster and came to a stop, bent over with his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. I breathed a small sigh of relief when I realised that it was Dorian. I don't know how, but I somehow knew that he wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't have protected me from that creature if he wanted to hurt me.

He managed to catch his breath then he straightened and his eyes landed on me, trailing from my head down to my feet. I felt the glance like a physical caress and had to fight off a shiver.

I took a moment to admire how incredibly attractive he was outside of my dreams.

I didn't realise that I was staring until I saw a crooked smile creep onto his face, which made my stomach do crazy things.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sounding concerned.

I nodded my head, although I felt anything but okay.

"Good. I need to explain some things to you, but first let me introduce myself," He said as he reached up and pushed his dark curls back out of his eyes. "I'm-"

"Dorian." I interrupted him, then bit my lip hard because I had no idea how to explain to him that I'd been having dreams about him. His eyes widened before narrowing as a frown crept onto his face.

"How do you know my name?" He asked, sounding suspicious.

I took a deep breath before I started to speak.

"This is going to sound really crazy, but I've been having dreams about you." I said as I felt my face flush with embarrassment.

I heard his breath catch, the exact same way it had in my dream, which made my heart stutter.

"What do you mean you've been dreaming about me? I've never seen you before." He said, sounding confused.

I shrugged my shoulders with a sigh, because I was just as clueless as him. I didn't understand how I could dream about him and feel like I know him when I'd never seen him in person before today. I felt a little disappointed that he didn't have the answers that I needed, because it was driving me crazy not knowing what was happening to me.

"I have no idea. I've only dreamt about you a couple of times. In the dreams, we acted like friends and I felt like I knew you. I also dreamt about you saving me tonight, which makes me sound even crazier." I said, deliberately leaving out the dream where we kissed. Things were already weird enough without adding that into the mix. I only realised after I'd said it that I did have a dream in which he saved me from that creature. Last night, I'd woken up from a dream in the middle of the night, my heart pounding. I'd forgotten what the dream was about as soon as I'd woken up, but I could remember it now that it had actually happened.

His eyebrows rose, then one side of his lips quirked up into a half smile.

"You're a seer." He said, a look of recognition and awe transforming his face.