Bangtan Boys

The air was crystal clear with a slight breeze as you stood on the sidewalk in front of Jimin's house, waiting.
You had been supposed to meet him five minutes ago and if he didn't come out soon, you were both going to be late to school.
You decided to give him another two minutes before you stormed his house.
When there were only thirty seconds left on your countdown, the front door finally opened to reveal a tired-looking Jimin in skinny jeans and a big t-shirt with a white ball cap pulled over his ears.
You actually kind of missed seeing his tail flicking playfully at everything and his ears twitching at every noise.
At the same time, you were oddly happy with the fact that you were now the only female who had seen those parts of Jimin. You didn't have to share those things with any other girls. It left you feeling sort of smug and possessive as you stared at your best friend.
Jimin snapped his fingers in front of your face.
"Muffin? Let's go. We're gonna be late."
Before he could start walking, you enveloped him in a hug. He grinned and squeezed you tightly back, lifting you up from the ground a bit.
"I missed you too, Muffin," he cooed in your ear.
You snuggled deeply into his warmth and smell and comfort.
Inside school, you hated initiating or taking part in physical contact with him. The way you touched and hugged on each other almost constantly made people spread rumors about secret relationships between the two of you that didn't exist. When that happened you were bothered by a lot more girls who got too possessive of him.
Stay away from Jimin, he's mine.
That kind of stuff.
But here, outside of school where it was just the two of you and the cool air and the empty sidewalk, you wanted to burrow into his chest and stay there forever.
"How do you feel?" you whispered to him.
He laughed ruefully and pulled back. Jimin grabbed your hand and started tugging you down the sidewalk as he gave you a slightly accusing look.
"I'm so bruised up in so many places that I can barely walk," he said, shaking his head.
"Aw, Chim," you whispered in pity.
"Don't 'aw Chim' me! You're the one who's mostly responsible!" He laughed and swung your arms back and forth between you.
"The bruise covers my whole stomach now."
You glared at him. "You deserved it! Stupid..."
"I know." He tugged you to a stop and faces you. His arms once again encompassed your shoulders.
"I'm sorry Y/N. I shouldn't have done that. I'll be more careful, I promise."
You hugged him one last time. "I know you will."

_____________________

There was something off about the whispers at school today.
You walked by Jin's side to class, frowning as girls cupped their hands over their mouths and giggled.
"Have you heard? About Namjoon and those boys?"
"I heard they have a new name."
A new name?
You glanced at Jin uncertainly, but he didn't notice the whispers.
"I know right? So cool."
"Bangtan Boys."
You stumbled, almost face planting in the middle of the hallway. Jin caught your arm and stood you upright.
"Are you okay?" he said in alarm.
You returned his look with a wide-eyed one of your own.
"I think I might be hearing things."
Jin glanced around curiously. "What is it?"
"A joke that grew into a real thing, I guess. I didn't think it would stick."
It wasn't your fault, but you felt partially responsible since you were there for the creation of it. You hoped that it was only a couple of girls, because if the name for the boys became a school-wide phenomenon, that would be way too funny for you to handle.
"Y/N, what on earth are you talking about?" Jin laughed, hooking his arm through yours and leading you down the hall.
You shook your head. "I don't even know."
A couple of hours later at lunch, Jimin approached the table with an odd look on his face.
"Did something happen?" he asked as he flopped into the chair beside you and tossed and arm around your shoulder. If you stared hard enough, you could just make out the shape of the edge of his feline ear through his navy beanie. "Why are people calling me a Bangtan Boy?"
Namjoon straightened and blinked. "So I'm not the only one hearing that?"
"Oh! Someone called me that, but I didn't realize they were talking to me!" Hobi started laughing loudly, vibrating the table with his contagious giggles.
You put your head in your hands, leaning your weight on the table.
Bangtan Boys.
Did nobody else find that as amusing as you did?
A hand began to rub up and down your back, soothingly. "Muffin? What's wrong?"
"Yah! Don't ask her that, it could be her time of the month or something!" Taehyung sniffed. He winked at you afterwards, satisfied with himself for protecting you.
You shook a negating hand at him. "No, not that. It's just..." A laugh slipped out of you. "Bangtan Boys..." You laughed even harder, attempting to stifle your giggles.
Contrary to what you had told those girls who had created the name, you thought it was very funny.
If those boys were bulletproof, then you were the Queen of England.
"It fits though," Jimin said.
"Yeah! We're super manly," Hoseok agreed, flexing his biceps as if to prove his masculinity to you.
Your laughter was getting into the hysteric range now.
"Yah!"
"Why are you laughing? We're totally manly!"
Shouts of indignation came at you from every direction, making you almost roll on the floor in laughter.
"Wow. You guys are so funny." You wiped away a few tears and stood with your trash, ignoring the seven boys behind you still yelling their offense.

__________________

"You met with him?"
"Yes sir." The man stared anxiously at his boss as he slowly spun in his chair. "He hasn't attempted to contact us."
The boss nodded, thinking for a moment. "It's time, then."
"For what, sir?"
"For our inside man." The boss turned his back to the man, voice echoing ominously around the room. "Send in our spy."

____________________________

Hi guys!
Sorry I took two billion years to update. I'm also sorry that its kind of a filler chapter, by stay tuned. The drama's gonna be amped up soon. Be watching for jealousy and a good amount of angst in future chapters. 😱
If you're enjoying the story, please vote/comment.
Thanks for the read!
❤️PB