Chapter 12

ABIGALE

I storm into the kitchen fighting the tears that are welling up in my eyes. Since I didn't want anyone to see me in this state I rush up to my room.

Once I'm in, I lock the door and slide down with my back against it. Hugging my knees closely to my body, I feel tears rolling down my cheeks. Why do these sort of things always happen to me? Why is Zayn like that? It's clear that he's just trying to use me and get me into his bed. Calling me a bitch because I didn't want to have sex with him then and there is a low blow. He's cleary isn't used to not getting his way.   

I keep staring into nothing while tears are still rolling down, I'm snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzes. I get up, walking over towards the bedside table where I last put my phone. When I unlock it I stare at the notification I got. 

It's a message from an unknown number. 

'Wanna meet at our secret place again? - Aron'

At least someone wants to see me. I think about his suggestion, I'm feeling like a mess and I don't want to leave the house like this but I need to talk to someone. 

'I'm coming' I reply quickly. 

I stand up thinking about the friendship Aron and I share. I barely know him but I feel safe around him. Eventhough I've only known him since today, I know he'll become a good friend. He's exactly the kind of person I need in my life right now.

I walk downstairs and check on the girls. They are busy and I know Zayn is home so I'm sure they could miss me a few minutes. I'd be sure to keep it short, I'd never forgive myself if something happened in here. I slide into Mrs. Malik's boots and grab my jacket before walking towards the horse stable. 

I still can't believe myself for even daring to ride a horse alone. After saddling the horse I get onto it hoping the animal won't do anything crazy while I'm on it. Just when I'm about to leave I heard the backyard door close. I let the horse step forward a bit so I can get a clear view on the person. Zayn is leaning against the wall, a cigarette lingering between his lips. He looks so handsome while he smokes. I need to shut myself up, he's no good for me and I need to forget about him. 

I start wondering what would happen if Zayn sees me leaving. Would he tell his mum that I'm a terrible nanny and get her to fire me? 

He turns around looking at the house and I see this as my sign to leave. I give the horse a double kick and it start running towards the forest. I can only hope that Zayn doesn't see me.

The horse runs through the forest while I try to remember which way to go. I give myself a mental shoulder pat when I reach the open place surrounded by trees. My memory is better than I thought. 

"Hey, there." I hear Aaron say just as I'm tying the horse to a tree. He leaning against a tree and I make my way towards him. When he sees the tears stains on my cheeks his face twists in sadness and compassion. I thought he'd say something but he only envelops me in a hug. I'm glad in some kind of way that he doesn't began shooting questions at me because sometimes you only need a hug to feel better. Actions speak louder than words.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks rubbing my back while still holding me in a hug. He's totally opposite from Zayn. I've never met someone as caring as him, being this caring towards a person he didn't even know. 

"Can you just hold me a little longer?" I ask before my eyes widen in realisation. He doesn't even know me and he're I am sounding like a pathetic little girl. I feel so comfortable around him that I just didn't think about my words.