V. Central City

I woke up to the sound of 'The A Team' by Ed Sheeran. It was so lovely and raising my spirit. My body ached so bad all I wanted to do was just sleeping. Ray wasn't by my side but I smell something like roasted chicken.

I struggled to get up and got my bathrobe. I went to the bathroom, stroking my wrists. My eyes were red, usually it's because of my very good sleep. My hair was still braided, I pulled the hair band and put my hair into a bun. I washed my face and, in no time, I was fresh again. I glanced at the clock. It was 8.24 in the morning. I stretched my body and went to the kitchen.

Ray's kitchen wasn't really big, but it was very tidy and clean. Ray was cooking the breakfast. He wore only sweatpants and he looked like he had been working out.

"Morning!" Ray grinned. Now he was a toddler again. I smiled.

"Morning," I said. "What's the menu for today?"

Ray looked at the breakfast. "Uh, salad with very delicious roasted chicken—hope you don't mind salad because apparently I haven't gone to the grocery, yet."

I smirked. "Sure, I love salad."

I sat on the breakfast bar, watching him roasting the chicken breasts. He was so cute and fresh.

"What?" he frowned. "You're intimidating me."

"Really?" I chuckled. "Last night was awesome."

Ray smiled. "It was an amateur act, by the way."

"What?!" I frowned. "An amateur act? It felt like an expert act! Surely we are an amateur but that was amazing!"

"How do you feel?"

"Oh, my body aches so bad." I said. "Hope you'll give me a little massage while we bath."

"Yeah, of course," he put the roasted chicken on a bowl full of vegetables then put it before me. "Here you go!"

I smiled and started to eat my breakfast. Once the food touched my tongue, I realized how hungry I was. The food was amazing. Ray was the best cook.

He sat across me, eating his salad, but couldn't take his eyes off me. He smiled once a while.

"What?" I frowned. He smirked.

"Nothing,"

"Nothing?"

"Just—you look different."

"Yes, because I've gotten a really nice sex in Red Room of Pain—and that was wonderful."

"I don't think so," he smiled. "Gladly you've taken your pills."

"Thank God," I said. "So, today—to Central City and meet Professor Stein."

"Yeah," Ray scooped a large amount of veggies. "Apparently, he wants to meet us in Mercury Labs."

I didn't expect that. Mercury Labs is known for health, vaccine, other microorganism research—not what I expect from Professor Martin Stein—a nuclear physics geek.

"Mercury Labs? Is that where he works now?"

"Nope," Ray said. Suddenly I got a feeling that he didn't want me to ask more about our beloved tutor. But deep down, I was too curious.

"How about his F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M project?"

Ray almost choked on his own breakfast. His eyes were wide, staring at me. He was completely speechless.