23

I grunt softly, turning in the small bed to see Harry on his phone. I squint from the bright light to see him looking at messages. My hand slides up his bare chest and he puts his attention on me.

"What time is it?"

"Almost ten." he answers.

I frown, looking over my shoulder to see the sun brightly shining through the window across the room. I peek through the curtain above us then quickly close it, rubbing my burning eyes.

"My parents are probably awake." I say, sitting up in the bed. "Did they come by?"

"No, but I heard them." he tells me. "Or else I would've been out of here already." he says then was about to correct himself.

"It's okay, I understand." I laugh softly, sliding down from my bed. "You can't be caught here."

"Thank you," he sighs out relief. "I'm glad you understand and didn't take it out of proportion."

"Uh–" my eyebrows twitch and I giggle. "I don't see why I would, take it out of proportion. We've gone over that I'm a student of yours and it's understandable."

"Sorry," he apologizes, getting out of bed and pulling his shirt on. "I'm just used to getting into an argument."

A knock interrupts our gazing moment and Harry becomes panicked. He wouldn't admit the panicked moment, but he was.

"Ry, mom and dad went out for lunch with aunt Daisy and uncle Bryan." Alec informs me. "I have Stevie here, but I need to run an errand."

"Take him with you." I suggest.

"I'll be gone for a while and the place I'm going isn't for a baby." he says, making me roll my eyes. "Look, I know mom and dad told me not to bother you, but I need to go. I'll pay you double what uncle Bryan is paying me."

I raise my eyebrows in interest. "Deal."

"Deal." Alec closes then becomes silent for a few moments. "Well, are you going to let me in?"

I look back at Harry who shook his head. "Uh no, I-I'll meet you downstairs." I say nervous that he'll be stubborn about it. "I just woke up in my work clothes and– just give me time to get ready." I lie.

"Alright then, but hurry up." he sighs and I hear him shuffle down the stairs.

"I'd seriously like to meet him." Harry smirks. "I'm so curious about what he does to make him this busy."

"He's a drug dealer." I say nonchalantly with a shrug and Harry's eyes widen. "It's just a guess." I laugh. "But I doubt it because he's too much of a wimp to do that."

"Anybody can do anything." Harry says, lying back in my bed. "I'll wait for you up here."

I playfully roll my eyes, pulling on a my shorts from last night. I race downstairs to meet Alec and Stevie sitting on the couch. Alec quickly stands up and hands the baby to me.

"They should be back around noon or later." he tells me. "He's already been fed and changed so he'll probably want to nap soon."

"And you did all that?" I ask astonished.

"No, aunt Daisy did before she left." he laughs about to walk out. "If mom and dad ask, I just went out to the store to pick up something right before they came home."

"I'm not going to lie for you Alec." I shout out before he got into his car.

"Yes you will or I'll tell them the real reason why you lock your door." He threatens. "I know you've got someone up there. I heard you bring him to your room last night."