1

|• Third Person POV •|

   It's been years since Yuri's last spoken to his old friend, Otabek. That is.. If you should even call them 'friends'. But Yuri's now nineteen and Otabek is twenty two.

   They were in love; neither could deny it. Yuri hadn't realized until it was too late but Otabek had been aware since the moment his eyes had landed on him.

   Otabek had never seen nor met someone with so much.. Passion, strength. The way his flawless blonde hair would fly in the wind while he skated or his love would shine in his eyes.

   Sure, Yuri was angry a lot and tended to say things that hurt people, but Otabek saw right through it. While the young boy would skate, Otabek could almost feel the love radiating off of him and how his passion for skating overtook his body.

   He had been watching from the sidelines for years; just adoring him, all the while knowing how hard he was falling for him.

   Until one day, he stepped up.

   He went, and he talked to him. They talked about skating, passions, Yuri's grandpa, and just everything. For hours.

   They became great friends. Nothing could separate the two; at least at the time.

   Until three months later, when Otabek confessed his feelings.

   Yuri hadn't realized how he felt. It was always there; he knew he needed and respected Otabek, but he hadn't noticed that he was indeed in love. So in the shock of the moment, four years ago, he rejected him.

   And after that.. They didn't speak again.

   It wasn't until days upon days after that Yuri had realized he was head over heels for the older boy. He was heartbroken that he'd hurt Otabek like that; he meant the world to him, how was he supposed to get him back?

   And that was the issue.

   He.. Couldn't.

   Otabek was completely destroyed. He didn't necessarily want to ignore Yuri, he wanted things to go back to the way they were, but he couldn't. His heart was shattered, no matter how much he tried to hide it.

   So years passed. Not one word was exchanged between the two.

   Yuri lived with his grandpa, he still thought about Otabek almost every day but he pushed it away, knowing that was in the past, and there was nothing he could do to bring him back.

   Even though he wished he could; he held his stance, not looking back and promising himself he wouldn't shed anymore tears.

   Until the day came.

   Yuri's grandpa had a heart attack and died.

   The young boy's heart was shattered, his body wouldn't function and his brain was foggy. What was he supposed to do? His grandpa was the light of his life; he brought out the sun to him and took him in when no one else could.

   Now that he was gone, he had no one.

   Otabek, on the other hand, was just organizing his things around his new apartment when he received a phone call. His face contorted to confusion; nobody ever calls him.

   He answers the phone, then soon after hearing a very worried Mila.

   "Otabek! Otabek," Mila cried. Otabek's eyes widen at her tone and his brain fills with questions.