z e r o

I N S P I R A T I O N +C R E D I T

+
C R E D I T

based off of Arabian nights + The Wrath and The Dawn + Beauty and The Beast + anti-heroes

S Y N O P S I S
[ an arabian nights x beauty and the beast retelling ]

DAWN SPELLS DEATH.
Night after night, the King takes in a woman, only to kill her before the morning sun breaks out across the land. When a thousand women have fallen in his reign of terror, the hunt begins for his next victim.

Until Shahrazad, the daughter of his vizier, volunteers.

But she is here to end it, once and for all. She intends to make him bleed for his thousand sins, and lead a revolution that will crumble his kingdom.

And then, she tells him a tale as old as time to delay her death.

■ ■ ■

G U I D E

Characters

Shahrazad: sha-ruh-zaad
Shahryar: sha-ruh-yaar
Laleh: leh-lah
Anwar: an-war

Terms

Khalifa: kha-lee-fa (ruler/leader)
Malika: ma-li-ka (queen)
Akh: a-kh (brother)

• • •

a/n: the trailer attached is by the lovely AKfiction!

before any of y'all get confused and comment, 'this sounds familiar . . .' here's a tip: read the inspiration/ disclaimer. it is a retelling of the original arab story revolving around a king who took in a bride only to kill her before morning. also, it's very heavily based on the wrath and dawn, so you'll find references everywhere.

some quotations are not mine, and belong to disney (you'll guess them probably).

edit: i'm neither ethnically middle eastern nor muslim, so if there's any misrepresentation/ errors/ mistakes, please feel free to let me know.

asha x