Chapter 2: All aboard.. I guess.

I made sure to take my sweet time getting ready and eating breakfast. I wanted to make sure I was extra obnoxious to my parents that morning. I am not sure why, but I guess it was some sort of a payback. Either way it was incredibly immature, but I didn't care.

It was silent when we got into the cab, that was parked right outside our apartment complex. For the first time, I would miss my home. That was where I belonged and I was leaving everything I knew behind. My street, my city, my school, my friends. Although, I never really made a lot of friends. Mainly because I skipped a couple grades because of my intelligence. I was the youngest junior at my high school. Considering the fact that I was 14, in a world of 16-17 year olds, I never really found the courage to make friends. That's why I buried my head in books and into Greek Mythology. I always had a thing for Greek Mythology.

When we got to the airport, my mom got a little ansy. She doesn't like being late in the slightest. She was getting worked up and I found it entertaining.

"Jerry! We are going to be late and it will be all your fault!" My mom half yelled, half whined, as my dad was taking the baggage out of the trunk from the cab.

"Hey mom, if we miss our flight it would be a sign from the 'Higher Power' that we should stay here in New York." I spoke, trying to get her more agitated then she already was, if that was even possible.

"Jordan, Shut up and help me with these bags! Helen, just pay the cab driver." My dad ordered. My mom and I both sighed in unision as we went to do our tasks.

Most of our stuff was already at my grandmother's house. Thank god. Fortunately, I didn't have to carry a ton of crap that would never matter to me ever. Such as my moms make-up or my dad's stamp collection. I only had about two carry-ons to take in.

"Thank you sir!" My mother spoke to the cab driver and then turned to my dad and I. "Why are we still standing around here? I don't want to be late!"

My mom scurried into the entrance of the busy airport, and my dad and I followed behind her. We occasionally looked at each other with such sorrow in our faces that I found it amusing.

We finally got through baggage claim and security and whatever. What seemed like forever. Gosh. Anyways, we found our gate, and barely made it. Turned out, we were actually about 10 minutes early, (What a surprise. Thanks mom.) and so we waited there for about ten minutes. During those ten minutes, I felt like I wanted to cry. I was leaving a whole life behind, that I still wanted to hold on tightly to. I didn't find it fair at all.

Ten minutes finally passed and more and more people gathered around the terminal, to board the plane. As the plane was being boarded, I grew more and more impatient. I did not, under any circumstances, wanted to be on this exact flight, to this exact place in this exact state. I wanted to be sleeping in, in my own bed at my city. It was the first day of summer, and I already started hating it. I sat in my seat (which for my fortune was a window seat,) and my parents sat next to me and started talking about there plans when they get there. I stared out my window as the flight attendant talked about safety and stuff. The beautiful skyscrapers stared back at me, and for the first time I felt completely and utterly stripped from my happiness. This was where I belonged. Not Kentucky.

That's when I heard those words that made me shudder. "Next stop, Paradise, Kentucky."