Part 29

I stumbled through the woods, outstretched twigs dug into my bare feet as I walked over them. I couldn't remember where I had left my shoes, all I knew was that it was probably a funny story.

After drinking with Aaron, it left me very drunk. But I was very happy. At some point, after drinking, I made the smart decision of going home, Aaron had offered to walk me, but I insisted on going on my own.

I winced every time the soul of my foot touched the ground and I could feel the almost healed cut on my foot from when I stepped on a piece of glass, reopen. My foot burned but I ignored it as my drunk self-numbed the pain. I let out a sigh of relief as I approached the door leading to the pack house. I felt myself slightly sobering up, but I remained a bit dizzy. I felt a heavy sensation of spinning, but my movements felt light and carefree.

I opened the door to the pack house, trying to be as quiet as possible, I ended up tripping as I entered the house. I was surprised to find that there were some pack members still up at this hour. Ignoring them, I walked up to my room.

My eyes lit up when they focused on the door that led my haven, my personal sanctuary. I immediately started walking towards it. That, of course, was until a hand came out of nowhere and tugged my back.

I sluggishly stared at the attacker only to see Daniel, for some reason, seeing him made me want to puke. I tried to shake him off so I could go to the bathroom but he had a tight hold on me, keeping me in place.

"Where were you?" He demanded it was as if he cared for me. My lack of sobriety also seemed to cancel out my filter as I snorted out loud. "What?" He asked once again.

I giggled, "Be careful there, Daniel. Someone might actually think that you cared about me."

"Evelyn," He called out, softly, while staring at me. I turned to look at him. "I care for you. I care for you a lot."

"Well, you don't seem to show it." I snapped back at him, the smile on his face was immediately wiped off, replacing itself with a deep frown.

"What do you want me to do, huh?" He growled out.

"I'm your mate, Daniel. Treat me like one!" I demanded.

"Well, it's not exactly easy!" He defended, crossed his arms, then added.

"Daniel, what part of it is not easy? Just treat me nicely! It's not rocket science, it's love." I retorted as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Daniel huffed to himself, "You gave me no choice! I can't exactly start acting all lovey-dovey with you, I have a mate, Evelyn."

"Who's fault is that?" I asked out, angrily. My strong facial expression faltered when I realised that it really was not his fault. Interrupting Daniel, I whispered, "Mine."

"Evie, I can just leave Martha. We just lost our baby! I don't need this right now!" He growled out. I returned a glare to him.