Chapter 32 - The Masquerade

But the scariest mask of all
He whispered,
Is the one that goes unnoticed
Until it's finally taken off

______________

Ding Dong.. Ding Dong..

Lou quickly opened the bedroom door and saw a male servant holding a huge white box, "Good Afternoon. This is for you, Ms. Moreau,"

Lou gave an odd smile, but not too obvious, "From who?"

"Pardon, the sender didn't allow me to tell but I'm pretty sure the sender left the card in this box. Would you accept it?" the male servant handed Lou the white box.

Lou nodded and started to assume that the sender would be Alex. She accepted the white box and the servant left politely, giving a nod. Lou closed the door and run back to the bed, quickly opening the huge white box. As she peeked in the inside of the box, laid a red gown folded into a square and a luxurious white mask edged in gold. She drew it out of its box and shook the gown out, revealing a luxurious strapless red bodice, short skirted at the front but full at the back. Lou gawked as she couldn't stop staring at the luxurious dress on her bed. Suddenly her phone buzzed showing a text message from Alex.

"Hope you like the dress, I'll pick you up at 6"

Lou shook her head, couldn't stop smiling. She dialed his number as the phone beeped. He answered,

"Why are you calling me? You should get ready. It takes ages for you to get ready, oops," teased Alex.

Lou chuckled as she heard his voice, "You know me too well. I really love the gown but it looks really fancy, I'm afraid that I'll be overdress in the ball,"

"Don't let me down, just wear the gown," said Alex quickly, "Driving right now. I love you,"

Alex hung up the phone. Lou rolled her eyes and threw her phone to the bed. She looked back at the dress and smiled at it. She couldn't wait for the masquerade ball with Alex.

Lou was standing in front of the mirror, busy gliding the dark rosy gloss over her lips. She looked back in the mirror, moving her hips to the left and right, "I hope this gown looks good on me, and not overdress."

The bodice showed her collarbone and perfectly pressed her body top whilst the bottom gown which looked more like tutu showed her long legs from her knees at front but the back was fully covered to her calf. Lou's hair was perfect coiffed into a single bun which completely showed her naked neck.

Ding Dong.. Ding Dong..

The bell sent shivers down her spine, she quickly reached the door and opened it. A man in perfect tuxedo was standing in front of the door, holding a huge bouquet of rose. He slowly lowered down the bouquet, so his eyes could see her. His eyes glared as he peeked out. He lowered down the bouquet again and eventually revealed his identity which definitely was Alex.

"O how much more doth beauty beauteous seem," Alex smiled as he gave Lou the bouquet, "Would thee accept the rose from a man like me?"

Lou grinned, taking the bouquet and bent her knee, "Thou art more lovely. Thank you,"

Alex smiled as he grabbed Lou's arms and pulled her in as her body pressed against his. His nose was very close to hers, so was the eyes. Alex slowly leaned to her ear and it sent more shivers down her spine. She inhaled deeply as she closed her eyes. His breath touched her bare skin, she couldn't handle longer and slid her hands to his arms.

Alex whispered, "Allow me to ruin your lipstick,"

Lou grinned and slowly pulled away, finding his eyes, "Laters baby,"