The Orphan

Mary was never the bright one, never the one to mutter a word. Even before her parents died she was...odd. Maybe that's why they all made fun of her.

I was the one by her side, despite her annoyed expression every time I walked over to her. I didn't care, my parents left me while hers were murdered in front of her.

There was one thing we had in common; we were both lonely. That I knew, though she was bullied. I had no clue if it was by the Headmistress, or one of the other children.

The Orphanage acted as a school, with the cliques. There were the populars; who Headmistress favored, the loners; Mary and I, and then there were the silent ones. I'm guessing Mary would've fit in with them, but the three mutes had all found a way to communicate together.

I always told Mary that we needed to stick together,, but she only replied with a no. It hurt, knowing that no one wanted to be my friend, and deep down I think the anger boiled inside of me. It waited until the right moment, which happened three weeks after the new kid arrived.

He matched Mary exactly, and the two always hung out, leaving me in the dust. That's when I burst, when they kissed that night out in the garden. I could've just told Headmistress, but there had been glass shards on the floor from the time that a boy threw a basketball through the top window.

I bent down and picked it up, watching the two with a grin. Stepping forward, I stabbed him first. Mary screamed, of course, but all the sudden she went quiet.

I took the chance to bend down, the glass digging in after each thrust.

 Blood splattered across my face, but it felt more like a cool liquid

Blood splattered across my face, but it felt more like a cool liquid. I turned to Mary, who looked at me with a fearful look, and slid the glass across her neck. She bled out then and there, and I got away with it. They said that Mary broke, but only I know the truth. So now, every time someone ignores me, I kill them. The guys slowly, and the girls quickly.

You're next...