Chapter 21: Cook-off

"That's so true." Harry says, rubbing the small of my back.

"It really is." I shrug, nuzzling deeper into his bare chest.

"Stars can't shine without darkness." Harry repeats.

"Your the darkness in my life, Harry." 

"It's because I'm fucked up, Leah. I've caused you so much damn trouble." He sighs.

"That's not true." I say even though we both know it is.

 "Leah, it is true." Harry chuckles, twirling a piece of my hair in his fingers.

"I know." I sigh.

 "Well, it's almost three in the evening. What do you want to do today?" Harry asks me.

"I'm gonna take a shower." I say and pull out of Harry's grip.

"Alright."

I stand up and quickly run for my closet, since I was naked. I went inside and closed the door quickly. I could hear Harry laughing from outside the door.

"Shut up!" I yell through the door.

"That was too good!" He yells back.

I don't say anything as I turn on the small light in the oddly huge closet. 

I pull out a plain pink tee and black skinny jeans. This should be good. It is summer, after all.

I walk out of the closet and head over to the dresser to grab a bra and underwear.

"Alright, I'm gonna get in the shower." I say and look up at Harry who's smirking widely at me with that journal in his lap.

"Okay." He chuckles to himself and continues writing.

I walk out of the room and into the bathroom.

I wonder what that journal was? What does he write about? Is it me? His past? How his day went? I'm not sure, but I will find out.

"Hey, can I come in?" Harry taps on the door just as I jump inside the shower.

"Uh, sure."  I say, quickly closing the shower curtain.

"Thank you, love." Harry opens the door allowing cold air inside.

"Shut the door, hurry!" I yell. The hot water on my body seemed to have gotten cold when he opened the door.

"Okay, okay." He chuckles and I hear the door shut.

"Thank you." I say and grab the shampoo bottle, squirting some into my hand.

"May I join you?" Harry's soft voice asks me over the sound of the running water.

"Uh... no..." I don't know why I'm denying him.

"Pardon?" 

"I said no." I try to hold back a giggle as Harry scoffs.

"Well, why not? I've seen you naked before." Harry protests.

"Well, we've never been in the shower together before. Don't you think it would be awkward?" I say, running my fingers through my hair to get the shampoo out.

"No. Plus, I'm already naked. So, I could hop in or I could wait for you to get out and then wait for the water to warm up again before I get in." I can practically see him running a hand through his hair, but this black shower curtain is preventing me so.

"Fine, get in." I say, debating whether a should in the spot under the water or out of the water. I choose out.

Harry pulls back the curtain and slowly steps inside. I watch him closely from how he lifts his leg off of the ground and into the tub from the way his hair gets wetter once it hits the water. His hair turns shades darker the wetter it becomes.