32

"Esmeralda."

I could feel the bed dip. Feel Sirus's strong arm wrapping around my body. Pulling me into him. I did not want to wake up. I very much didn't. I was on my way to a deep sleep and he was interrupting that.

For the past two weeks my emotions have been everywhere. All I have been wanting to do is sleep and sometimes cry. I felt awful 98% of the time and at those times only Eddie could console me.

"Yes?" I murmured, his hard body pressing against my back. His lips skimmed my ear. "What do you want?" I questioned, trying to stop the small tremble in my body when his lips kissed behind my ear. That has also been a problem. My body now responds to this beast of a man. Very unfortunate.

I took a deep breath, as his hand gently caressed my stomach. My stomach was now showing more and more. "Do not press so hard," I sighed out placing his hand correctly and not so hard.

"Have you thought of names?" He questioned, his lips kissing down my neck. How could I think when his beastly lips were all over me?!

I had though. "Elizabeth...after my mother," I explained to him. "For a boy...I do not know." I did not want a boy. I did not want a boy who would grow to be a man who would treat women the way his father does. I would never accept him.

"Thorian for a boy," Sirus says aloud. It was a different name...a name that I have never heard before... "Elizabeth is an option for a female."

It was the only option. "Yes, well we will just have to see what I have...." I sighed as I could see his eyes glowing.

"You will be a good mother."

I froze. He had complimented me. That has never happened. Not that I can think of. I cleared my throat. "Thank you."

I turned towards him. While he was being nice was my turn to ask him this one question that had been bugging me for a while... "What happened to her?"

He was silent. Was he angry? Maybe he was falling asleep. "She died."

"How?"

"Her brother killed her."

I could not believe that I was getting this information out of him. It was odd. "Why would he do that?"

"...She asked him to," he admitted. I could feel his hand gently splaying over my belly. "She was with child at the time."

I felt as if someone had knocked the air from me. My eyes watered. I blinked rapidly. Refusing to cry. I had to think of anything on this earth not shed tears. Damn my emotions! I did not understand. How did that happen?

"I am sorry," I told him truthfully as my hand gently grabbed his. It was alright to show some type of compassion to him. Only in this certain situation....So he had experienced lost. Real lost. "You will not be such an awful father."

I could feel the rumbling in his chest. Was that laughter? "I suppose that is as much of a compliment I will ever get from you," he chuckled dryly.

I began to turn away from him, sleep creeping slowly back into my body. "That is correct," I yawned.

He cleared his throat. "Goodnight."
**************
I sat in the throne room.

Where my mother usually sat, was where I was seated. Emerald green and yellow jewels covered the throne.

Looking down at my body, I was adorned in the mundane royal color. A beautiful yellow dress that flared at my hips. And a darker yellow cape to match. I sighed, as I adjusted myself in the chair. It was soft. Inviting. Unlike any other comforted feeling.