S1-39 | Turning Point

S1-39. Turning Point

The splash of something cold and wet in my face resembled the odd feeling of being slapped. A groan escaped past my lips and I struggled to open my eyes.

The stinging slap in my face sent me sprawling across the rough, damp floor.

Feeling more than weak and feeble, I mustered up my strength, what little of it was left to somehow sit up. I grudgingly glanced around, trying to get my bearings together. It felt like being plucked out of reality, when it truth, I was pulled out from horrendous memories hounding me like a nightmare.

Cold, almost freezing water sloshed down to my head, the pressure overbearing, I could only cry out in surprise. I looked up and found Renz glaring down at me. I flinched and lowered my eyes. He yanked me up by my arm and pushed me to the metal table. He grabbed a syringe already filled with a blue liquid and brusquely grabbed my arm again.

I watched as the blue liquid disappeared completely. I hadn't been able to shift or to feel my wolf since the night he injected me with the drug. After a long time and just when I finally accepted that I am a werewolf, I was reminded once again how to feel so human-to become fragile, sensitive, breakable and undefended.

Undefended.

Roarke's face flashed in my mind vividly and so suddenly it sparked a strike of pain in my head. I cried out in surprise. Wasn't he supposed to protect me? Wasn't he my...maker?

Renz cursed under his breath, thinking I was still feeling the pain due to the injuries from yesterday. He then grabbed another syringe and jabbed it down my arm without preamble. I hissed at the stinging pain it inflicted.

He hefted me up, and carried me across the room, to another table with a round hole cut near the end of it.

He deposited me there roughly, lying on my belly, so that my face was situated right by the hole and I could breathe easily. This was a new one again, I thought with great dread. Two days in a row with his new games. How much could I take? I trembled at the sound of metal clinking.

He started securing the leather straps tightly until each one pressed hard on my skin, holding me in place.

"You ready? You woke up late today and skipped dinner last night. Seriously, you want to die?" Renz demanded sounding pissed off. I desperately want to answer him. I must have lost my mind and I am receding down to the bottomless pit of insanity. Whatever it was, I welcome the sudden surge of courage and the disappearance of fear.

"Yes." The spoken words were weak and lack feeling but he heard it clearly. The clinking of metals stopped and only the crunch of his boots resounded in the room like a death call.

I fisted my hands on both sides, gritting my teeth tightly, anticipating the pain any moment.

"Say it again my little slut. I haven't heard you talk for too long, I kept thinking you probably bit your tongue off from enduring the pain."

I gnashed my teeth together.

"I said kill me already you fucking ass!" I spoke up, putting more effort in my words.

He chuckled, lightly tracing my backbone. "You slut, should we start with twenty lashings?"

I started to laugh, the sound mocking and hoarse coming from my lips, but somehow, it felt good.

"What? Are you afraid of your boss? You need to keep me as hostage huh? "I mocked, waiting for him to lash out like the mad man he is and despite everything I waited for it, anticipating the dull and familiar ache.