Chapter 1

Just a week before Marissa left I told her that I liked her, but she just didnt believe me because I was the boy who everyone hated, they all thought that I was that guy that had no feelings for anyone or anything.

Honestly I didnt want to be that guy, but after my parents left me with my uncle while they went to 'explore the world,' my attitude and my personality changed.

I stopped focusing on my grades and joined the basketball team, instead of hanging out with my old friends I went to hang out with the team nearly every day after school.

Marissa was our schools so called Beauty queen, she was always the one starting trends that were supposedly 'so last year' she always knew all the gossip from nearly all the schools in our town.

She also knew when someone liked someone else, except for when someone liked her.

I never thought that she would be the person that I would like. Sure, she was the girl that every guy would die for, but that's not my type. Well, that's what I thought.

I really didnt want to like her but she was just irrisistable. 

I really wanted to talk to her about my feelings but I was sure guys were also planning on confessing their 'un-dying love for her.' 

One day I had the courage to actually talk to Marissa. This is how it went...

I found Marissa in a classroom standing over a working project on the desk.

"Hey Marissa, can I talk to you for a sec?" Breath James, breath. 

"Im sorry, kinda busy right now..." She doesn't want to talk just go. 

"It's kinda important." 

"Hey Marissa, what's up?" Oh no. 

"Oh hey Anna, James here was about to tell me something." 

"I kinda need to speak to you alone..." 

"Oh it's ok James, whatever you can say in front of Marissa you can say in front of me." Of course I can. 

"But it-" I cut her off 

"Marissa, I've liked you for a while now, well, for a few months. I wasnt concious that I was starting to fall for you, but after a while I finally admitted to myself that I liked you. This may seem crazy coming from me, I know, but- you know what" screw it.

I lean in to kiss her, our lips touch. 

I can taste the thick coat of raspberry-lemon lip balm on her soft lips for a second before

-slap-

A hand comes in contact with my face, im dumbfounded by the force of the slap. What the hell?

I look up to realise that Marissa is still infront of me with her hands by her side and find Annalise clutching her hand and gasping at what she had just done. 

She grabs Marissa's arm and runs away with her. 

I screwed up, I screwed up bad. 

----------------------------------------

Hey guys, so this is the first part of the story, it was pretty intense to write. haha probably not that intense to read. Anyways hope you enjoy the next chapter :) (when it comes out)