3 | i think i deserve a prize

3 | I think I deserve a prize
✶ ━━━━━ ✶ ━━━━━ ✶

SABRINA PHANTOM

This kid sitting next to me is so annoying.

First, he kept talking to me while I was trying to listen to the lecture, then he wouldn't fucking stop tapping the desk when I didn't give him a pen.

I can't wait to get out of this class. He finally stopped bothering me when I gave him a pen to stop annoying me.

Once the hour was up and the professor dismissed us I had an hour before my next class, so I went to the food court. I didn't eat yet today and I'm starving.

"Hey." Someone said behind me and I glanced over my shoulder at the guy people were making way for, only to see the annoying guy from class.

I think he said his name was Nate?

He was hot, I won't deny that. I wonder if he's a player because I love the players.

They're all just players in a game, my game and I'm the coach. Nobody could break me.

All the players in the past thought they could, but they were so wrong.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Want to eat together?" He asks as he brushes a hand through his hair and I nod.

"Sure," I said with my smile.

"So, mystery girl..." He started when I cut him off.

"You call me mystery girl?" I ask with a laugh and he nods with a devilish smirk.

"Well, it's not like you've told me your name." He said and I thought about it. I forgot that I told him it wasn't his business.

"I'm Sabrina," I reply as we wait in line for Panda Express.

"Cool, I'm Nate." He says and I nod.

"I know," I say with my own smirk.

"So, what brings you here?" He asks and I just stare at him blankly.

"Isn't it obvious?" I ask and he looks confused.

"Yes?" He says more like a question and I laugh.

"I'm here to get food," I reply motioning to the line we're in.

"No, I meant to this town." He said and I shook my head.

"I know, I was just messing with you," I said as we were next in line.

"I'm just here because I like that it's a small town," I said because it's best for people not to know everything about me.

"That's cool and it is a small town. I mean, I've known most of the people at this college since I was in pre-K." He says looking around.

"That's cool," I reply right before I order my food.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The lady serving asks.

"Can I have a bowl with fried rice and orange chicken?" I ask as she starts filling it up.

"Sure. Next." She says as she hands it to the other lady at the register.

I pay for my meal after she tells me the price and start to walk off when I feel someone catch up to me.

"Hey, you just left." He said as I sat at a table.

"Shit, sorry. I'm not used to hanging out with people." I say because it's the truth.

I never really stay in the same place long enough to make friends either, but I don't say that.