Chapter One [EDITED]

A/N

Hi everyone! Here's a quick warning: in the book, there will be alcohol and drug references, sex references and lots of swearing. So, if you don't like that stuff then this book is not for you. But nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the book and feel free to comment or anything idrc haha okay bye now have fun reading!

5/22/17- okay so this book starts off extremely bad and it's written poorly, but around chapter 10 it starts get better and not so cliché so please give the book a chance, it gets better i promise!

What are the chances that me, the clumsiest girl you will ever meet, and Jacob, the head quarterback and biggest player in the school, run into each other and spill our books? Apparently very high as that happened two minutes ago. Jacob is pretty much the coolest, and hottest guy in school. I mean, come on, there's always someone like that at every school. But–he also happens to be one of the most egotistical assholes, too.

Then there's me; shy, quiet, and pretty much a total nerd. I'm only a nerd because my parents are pressuring me to go to Yale and "follow in their footsteps".

But here's a little run through of how the mishap happened.

I was casually walking down the hall, trying to avoid any eye contact. Then, it felt like I pretty much just ran into a brick wall and I dropped all my books. I looked up and it turns out it in fact wasn't a brick wall! Who could it be? None other than Jacob Anderson of course. I won't lie, that was pretty embarrassing. Instead of laughing at me, he apologized and picked up all my books. I was stunned, and so was everyone in that hallway.

Why? Because Jacob Wellings never apologizes to anyone, except me now I guess.

My next class is chemistry with Jacob, and his bitter ex-girlfriend, Vanessa. Vanessa's like a free sample. You come once and never come back, or you come back for seconds when no one wants anymore. She's still obsessed with him though. He's made it very clear he's not into her but she doesn't seem to get the hint.

I take my seat next to Nikky and the first thing she says is: "there'll be a new student tomorrow." New students are pretty rare since we live in such a small, quiet town. Which is nice, but if something happens, the whole town will hear about it by the end of the day. "I hear he's supposed to be super delicious too," she whispers and winks. "Maybe I'll give him your number for you, since I'm such a good friend," she says with a dramatic hair flip. I just smile and roll my eyes.

She's always trying to get me a date. She says I don't go out enough but once a week is enough human interaction for me. She also calls me a turtle but I take that as a compliment because lets be honest, turtles are lit. I get distracted super easily, so of course I zone out thinking about what would be my spirit animal and if those 'online tests' are accurate.

"AVERY!"

"Huh, what?" I blink back into reality and see Nikky scowling at me.

"Did you seriously not here anything I said?" She asks annoyed. I try to hold back my sheepish grin as the bell rings.

"Alright everyone, take your seats."

About 10 minutes into the lesson and me doing nothing but doodling instead of taking notes, the class door opens. In walks someone I've never met before but man is he gorgeous. I'm pretty sure my jaw actually drops, because i'm just that cool.

Wow okay, very smooth Avery.

Leave it to me to completely embarrass myself in .3 seconds.

He runs his fingers the his hair. His icy blue eyes meet mine and it feels like if I stare any longer, I'll be on a one-way trip to hell. His stare, and presence in general, is so powerful and intense I have to look away.

"That's the new kid," Nikky whispers to me, or maybe to herself. "But he was supposed to come tomorrow."

I'm just as confused but I can't help but look over at the beautiful creature standing in the front of the room answering Mr. Cardé's questions. I notice a bunch of girls winking at him and making 'sexy/seductive' faces, but they just look constipated to me. The whole time, his eyes flicker back to me. "What's your name?"

"Justin Parker."

All the girls are staring and most likely drooling, and sadly I'm one of them. As much I hate to admit it, dare I say, he might be even hotter than Jacob. He takes the only open seat, which is right next to me. He looks at me again and I look at my lap as my cheeks begin to burn. He lets out a low chuckle, "don't worry, princess, I'm use to people being overwhelmed with my presence."

I roll my eyes and mentally note that he's cute, but his ego is bigger the North American continent and Asia combined.

"It's rude to ignore people," he adds like he's talking to a child. When I just look at the board where the teachers trying to teach a lesson, he shakes his head disapprovingly at me. "You don't care do you?"

"No I don't. I'm glad you finally figured it out. So now what, do you want a medal or something?" I snap. Even he's surprised with my sudden outburst. He actually looks hurt and looks away. Oh god what did I do. "Sorry," I say guiltily.

He just smirks, "I can tell you're going to be tough to figure out." Before I ask him what he means, the bell rings.

I take my stuff and meet Nikky outside of the class. She obviously saw me and Justin talking but she didn't say anything. "He kept looking at you ya know." She notices my flushed cheeks and starts chanting, "Avery has a boyfriend, Avery has a boyfriend!!"

My cheeks tryna even redder, I didn't know that was possible, and I tell her to shut up. A few people heard her chanting, including Justin.
~•~
Eventually lunch rolled around and I sit at our usual table with Nikky, whom I've known since middle school, Noah, my best friend whom I've known since kindergarten, Jess, I met her this year, Eric, who's one of the populars but really nice and I've known him since preschool, and usually a few others.

I sit between Jess and Noah. I'm just eating my fries when all of a sudden someone grabs a handful of my fries. I immediately look to my right, where Noah's sitting, and I stare at him so intensely, he looks uncomfortable.

THAT.

FUCKING.

DICKBAG.

"Avery I am SO sorry! I love you!" He apologizes quickly. With that smile I can never stay and mad him. He's just too adorable. His smile literally lights up the whole room, maybe even country.

Everyone just laughs, "so who's going to fail the calculus test today?" And just like that, everyone raises their hand and we start dying of laughter.

Out of no where, I feel a gaze burning holes into the back of my head. I'm probably just being paranoid but I look back anyway and I see Justin looking at me. Our eyes meet for a second but he looks away. Of course he's sitting with the jocks and their little skanks. There's something about that new Justin Carter, and I'm going to be the one to figure it out.

JUSTIN CARTER POV

Since I walked into that classroom and saw her, I couldn't keep her out of my mind. I don't know what's happening to me and I don't like it. I shouldn't feel like this towards her.

Actually I shouldn't say that because I honestly don't fucking know what I'm feeling. I met her only a few hours ago and I can't get her out of my head. I won't let her find out. As much as this hurts, but I can't get close to her. I have to keep my distance, I'm not going to have her get hurt because I'm a dumbass.

I know the consequences, but I feel drawn to that sweet, beautiful, Avery White.

A/N

Sorry this chapter is kinda short but there should be two other chapters after this one !! I'll try to make the other one slinger but I'll release the first three chapters at first.

I won't really have a posting schedule but I'll post when I can. <3

Idk if anyone will even read this story but if you do and enjoy please let me know because I will only continue this if people want me to:)

— ch💕