Chapter 8 - Who said pregnant meant helpless?

P.L 5 Pack War

Alpha leads. Beta Pair advises from back lines. 

Males and females over 18 only permitted to take part.

Wolf-bound w.w ordered by Alpha

Human bond w.w ordered by Beta male.

Children & Youth guarded by Beta female.

No human witnesses must remain. 

Disobeying orders equals death.

______________________________________________________

They were midway through cleaning when they smelt and heard two things. Two things that made Oliver's heart stop and his rage rise again, though he wasn't sure why, except that the smell of smoke and the sound of a car speeding away made him angry

He turned to order Yasmine to call the fire department, but she was already doing it, so Oliver ran. Ran for the smell of smoke and saw it was already easily getting into the Pack Hall. The old building wasn't as fire proof as most of the houses in the area. 

Somehow though, that wasn't what bothered him. The hall? Yes, it had a lot of important memories and things, but the car bothered him more. Oliver didn't even wait to see which sleepy handful of werewolves had run up the slope from their houses first. He pointed, barked, "Get the records out from the other end," and ran for the Alpha house connected to the building.

He went upstairs to get Julia out of bed. No Julia. Scent of werewolves in her room. 

No Julia.

No Julia.

The words kept echoing around Oliver's head till they connected with something and he got it. No Julia. Werewolves in her room. Not him, not her father, not Beth.

Car. No Julia. Fire.

He ran for it. Ran for the car, before anyone could ask, and Oliver suspected he might have verbally said something. He didn't know. The blood was pounding in his head, the fury, the rage that came with something going near a mate. It didn't matter if she and he were in a relationship or not. It only made it worse that, however much of a spitfire she was, she was still pregnant. 

Somewhere between the car and the speeding Julia became 'mate'. It didn't matter if a mated pair had been separated for six months, five years or fifty- when it came down to it, husbands or wives aside, the bond was made for a reason. Pack survival. 

Oliver sped after them, hands white around the wheel, struggling to keep himself from changing then and there. Car was faster than paws. He had to focus.

 _______________________

Julia had just started to relax when the door slammed open. Strangers, eyes boring into her, strange werewolves and strange eyes that made her freeze, panic, as they grabbed her. An arm clamped around her, another over her mouth, a soft hiss of, "Careful," as they dragged her downstairs. 

They tried to do it carefully, probably, but Julia squirmed and wriggled and tried to bite the hand, the arm tightening, soft swearing as teeth found a fleshy part of a palm and the person swore. She didn't care if she got bruised. Who did they think they were?

To Julia's shock she saw flames dancing along the edge of the building now, along the hallway, smoke starting to fill Julia's nostrils. It hurt. Who knew smoke could hurt so much that it burnt your nose? She coughed as the hand was removed, some kind of disgusting fabric thing wrapped around her mouth instead, tied tight behind her head. The arms grabbed onto her again as she was lifted up and hoisted outside.