Chapter 20.

Yusuf's POV

I opened one of my eyes to see the sight of Safia on my phone. I checked the time and saw I had been asleep for two hours.

"Safia..." I began. She looked up at me guiltily.

"Sorry." She said, handing me back my phone.

"You said two games, not two hours. Please let me get you an iPhone."

"No, I don't want an iPhone only to play Flappy Bird." Safia had asked me after Fajr if she could borrow my phone to play Flappy Bird.

"There are other things on an iPhone other than Flappy Bird. And you can't get Flappy Bird on a new iPhone anyway."

"I like my Blackberry."

"Fine, can I get you an S4?"

"Again, I like my Blackberry."

"The screen is full of scratches."

"Every precious scratch tells its own beautiful tale." Safia picked up her Blackberry and stroked it gently. I burst into a grin; Safia always had the most entertaining things to say.

"You didn't go back to sleep, you're going to be tired today. You said you weren't a morning person." It was the day of our Walima. "All this because of Flappy Bird." I said shaking my head.

"Actually, I don't like sleeping with wet hair." She tossed some of her damp hair behind her back. "Besides, I got enough sleep. We went to bed at 9 yesterday," She said with a secret smile. My grin grew wider.

We actually slept much later. The day before the Walima, Safia began to miss her mum. We had gone to see her earlier in the week but Safia had spent that time with her siblings. She was occupied with telling Hafsa off for forgetting to pack her pajamas and actually packing her pajamas too. Then, on our second visit which was the day before the Walima, Safia made everyone take a walk in the park during the cold. She claimed she was tired when we came home so we went to bed early. But then she didn't stay tired for long. 

"Are you looking forward to today?" I asked, shuffling closer to her. 

"I'm looking forward to wearing my white dress. I can't wait."

"And I can't wait to see you in it." She frowned at me when I said this.

"So you don't like me how I am now? I have to dress up to impress you?" I laughed as I took some of her hair and spread it across my face inhaling its scent.

"I like you however you are." Safia blushed and turned away. "You blush a lot."

"That actually never happened before you turned up." She said and got up, leaving me feeling cold without her beside me. I sat up and watched her comb her hair. I reached for my phone.

"My battery's nearly dead."

"Your fault for insisting I try out Flappy Bird." I liked how Safia started to speak to me now. In only five days, she'd started to open up and it felt, the more she opened up, the more she blossomed.

"Remind me never to ask you to play a game again."

"I did warn you. You can't blame me." I got out from bed. As soon as I stood up, I felt a pain in my ankle. This was because of the walk in the park from yesterday. I walked to Safia, trying my best not to limp. When I got to her, I noticed how radiant she looked. I stood close to her and she became kind of stiff.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" I asked.

"No. What makes you think that?"

"You don't like me being close to you."