Hessa Valentine's Day

Hey guys! I had tons of requests on Twitter to do a Hessa Valentine's Day chapter since they didn't actually celebrate Valentine's Day so here it is! This isn't technically a chapter but it's what Hardin and Tessa did on Valentine's day! it's just for fun! Chapter 270 will be up Sunday or Monday (most likely Sunday but I'm going out of town for Valentine's weekend so I'm not positive yet) anyway, Enjoy:)

 THIS IS A FLASHBACK! IN AFTER WORLD IT IS CURRENTLY ALMOST APRIL

Landon's POV.

"I hope Dakota gets the flowers I sent her." I tell Hardin. He doesn't appear to be listening, as usual. I glance back to my computer screen to check the status of the three dozen roses I had sent to my girlfriend.

The website assures me that they are set to be delivered to her last class of the day but this is New York City we are talking about and I'm positive that they have millions of orders today. Valentine's Day is obviously the flower industry's busiest day of the year and the possibility of a mistake being made is much higher today. Maybe I should call them and explain to them that I'm on the other side of the country and I will do anything to ensure those flowers get to that beautiful girl. I only wish that I was there with her to see her brilliant smile as she opens the card, to hear her laugh when she reads the simple but sweet poem I had printed on the card.

"Flowers for what?" Hardin looks up from picking at the hole in his jeans.

"Valentine's Day," I tell him. The clueless look on his face tells me that he had no idea of the holiday today. "Today is Valentine's Day. You didn't get Tessa anything?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

Tessa is downstairs with my mom, baking something that has the entire house smelling of cinnamon. I love that she loves to spend time with my mom, especially now when she needs all the love she can get. I don't want to think about that though, I need to stay positive and everything will be fine.

"Shit," Hardin grumbles.

"You didn't get her anything?" I ask him again. I figured he wouldn't and she hasn't even mentioned the holiday once to me.

"No, I didn't even realize it was today. Valentine's Day is literally the dumbest fucking holiday, there is no point in being all fucking flowery for one day." He complains.

"Yeah because you are flowery so often, right?" I sarcastically remark. I probably should wait until he's not around to give Tessa the small bear and box of chocolates that I got for her.

"Fuck off."

"It's barely noon, you could always go get her something now." I suggest. "I could help you."

"I don't need your help," he stands up and crosses the room. "How am I supposed to know what to buy? Tessa isn't into flowers or anything cheesy and superficial."

I can't help but laugh at his indirect insult. Each day I find myself getting less and less insulted by his rude comments and dirty looks. I care about him as if he were my own brother, even though I know he doesn't feel that way about me. As long as continues to try to treat Tessa better we don't have a problem.

"Well sometimes women like cheesy gifts." I pull the small bear from the bottom drawer of my desk and show him.

"No thanks, I'm taken." Hardin says, grinning at me like the sarcastic ass that he is.

"It's not for you. It's for Tessa." I tell him and watch his grin disappear the moment I say her name.

"Excuse me? No the fuck it's not," he snatches the bear from my hands and crinkles his nose like the cute little bear is contaminated.