Chapter: 6

As we step into the elevator, the door closes behind us. I push the button and the elevator starts to move. The elevator starts to go up at a quick speed, until it starts to slow down. The lights start to flicker and then all of a sudden the elevator stops. The lights go out, the elevator is stuck and we are in total darkness. I don't know what to do right now. All I know is that I'm scared out of mind. "Ryan! What if we never get out of here!? What if we are stuck in here forever and we have nothing! We could be in here for days!" I say freaking out as I am pacing back and forth almost in tears."Taylor everything will be okay, I promise you, we will get out of here before you know it, until then, I will just turn on the flashlight on my phone." "I'm just so scared" i said in a cracky voice as tears fill up in my eyes as they slowly drift down my left cheek. "Hey, look at me, i promise everything is going to be alright!" Ryan says in a soft voice as he wipes my tear with his finger. He slowly yet cautiously wraps his arms around my waist and i wrap mine around his neck as our foreheads touch. Just standing there looking into each others eyes. Our faces get closer and closer, right as our lips are about to touch, the lights come back on and a security guard comes in with a flashlight helping us out of the elevator. "Sorry about the delay guys, but if you will just come with me and I will direct you to where you need to go" the security guard explained, shining a bright flashlight into our eyes. "Um mind if i ask what happened and how we got stuck in the first place?" I questioned. "Well," said the the security guard, "There has been tornado warnings on the news all day, I don't  think it is going to get as bad as a tornado, but there is a very bad storm out there right now, we had to use our emergency lights, the whole city lost its power." The security guard was explaining in very precise detail as he guided us to our room. We make our way to our room, after being stuck in an elevator for two hours, I am exhausted. We walk in the door and I throw on a baggy T-shirt and shorts, throw my hair up in a messy bun, brush my teeth and take off all of my makeup then jump right into the big white king sized bed. Ryan comes over in his baggy sweatpants with no shirt on and slowly flops into bed. "Ry what wrong?" "nothing I'm just tired" he said as he starts to snuggle up to me. I look at him and he's sound asleep with his arms wrapped around my waist. I kiss his forehead and fall asleep snuggled up to him listening to the sound of the rain hitting against the window.