Chapter 14

Hey guys! I know I haven't uploaded for such a long time! Things just happened. And by things, I mean my grandma got sick D: but, I'm back and Happy SPRING. (: Uploading more often now, PROMISE.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, FAN. ENJOY AND LOVE.

Xo, zabelle06

My trembling fingers dropped the photo that suddenly felt like acid in my hands. The sweat on my forehead only worsened even in the freezing temperature my room was in now. It seemed cramped up although I was in a room the size a mansion could hold.

Double checking that my windows and doors were locked shut and that my curtains were drawn didn’t calm the unease I felt in my stomach. I clutched my stomach, suddenly feeling sick. Throwing up sounded like a good idea, but nothing came out. My head started to spin and my world suddenly came crashing down right in front of me.

I thought it was some prank. Some stupid joke that someone wanted to play on the ‘new girl’, but I underestimated this person. She or he was cleverer than I thought. Someone didn’t like me. In fact, it seemed that they wanted me gone.

I caught my terrified face in the mirror across the room. All color was drained from my face. I caught the glistening of tears streaming down my cheeks, which I didn’t know was there before. Just then, a thought crossed my mind.

Was the Silver Bullet watching me now? Laughing at my misery? Thinking that my tears and life was just some humiliating and entertaining game to play with? Was I just some kind of toy to play with?

No, I thought.  This ‘Silver Bullet’ will not gain satisfaction.

I stood up straight, holding my head up high. I set my eyes in a straight, deadly glare. Turning around slowly making he or she know they were watching. I tried my best to set on a good poker face. Setting my mouth in a thin line, I grabbed the photo off the ground and spoke up, “You think this is funny? Well, guess what?” I asked, being surprised at how confident I sounded. “Nobody’s laughing.”

I grabbed my purse from the stand near the door and my car keys in the bowl near it. Slipping on my boots, I left my room. I needed to get out of here. I felt closed up and watched in there. Needing comfort and company, Weston was the first person to come to mind.

“I’m leaving,” My voice echoed off the walls as I flew down the stairs.

“Someone going to see a special someone?” Darren piped in, poking his head through one of the corridors. He smirked and winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. “Just a friend.”

“A friend, huh? Is it the same one who gave you that love letter?” He waggled his eyebrows and came into the front room.

I turned frigid and without knowing, I gave him an icy glare. That note was bad news. I shook it off quickly. Darren could not know about this. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, “Come on, Reny, you know I don’t have a boy friend.” I used the nickname I gave him a long time ago, knowing he hated it.

“A girl friend?” (A/N: I have nothing against same sex relationships! I find it cool! It’s just a part of the book!)

I gave him a pointed look and punched him playfully. It was just a small, light punch on the arm, but he plummeted through the air and crashed on the floor, clutching the arm I punched. My eyes grew wide with horror. I didn’t even punch him that hard!

“Ow,” Darren said, letting out a string of profanities.

I knelt next to his figure on the ground. “I’m so sorry, Darren! I didn’t know it was that hard!”