0.0

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" My best friend ashton questioned, as we were lounging in my room. "Yeah, but im also nervous to find out who my mate is.." i trailed off, thinking of all kinds of possibilities and who i might get. "It's also your 18th birthday, mike! You're officially an adult! And i promise, whosever mate you are, i'll still be here and so will calum, okay?" He smiled when he mentioned calum, as calum and him are mates themselves.

"I know, it's just-"

"Boys? Pack meeting in five!" My dad yelled, knocking on my door. "Be right there!" I yelled back, rolling off my bed. "Let's just talk later." I sighed, fixing my hair slightly and guiding ashton and i downstairs and outside, starting to walk towards the center of the grounds.

"Everyone's here basically, what do you think the alpha will talk about?" Oh, the alpha. I would never tell anyone but I thought the alpha was incredibly handsome. His name was luke and he was a tall, blonde 23 year old with a husky voice and ice blue eyes that could kill. I wouldn't mind if-

"mikey?" ashton asked, snapping his fingers in front of my face. "What?" I asked, shaking my head slightly. "I said the meeting is starting." And we both looked up to see the alpha walk up to the small stage that was set up. Everyone immediatly hushed and all eyes were on luke. I watched luke intently and I caught his eye. My face started to heat up and i quickly looked away.

"Hello, everyone." the alpha's deep voice  cut through the silence.
"I called a meeting because i would like to discuss protection. As you all know, many packs have been coming across us and some are friendly, some are not.  We've had the displeasure of being threatned by a pack. In light of this, I want more security, more wolves out there protecting our borders. I want the fathers and older sons, 20 and up, out there patrolling in shifts. We need our guard up."

After that i zoned out, thanking god that i wasn't one of the people chosen. I heard chattering around me and ashton sigh heavily next to me.

I came back to when everyone was starting to leave and return back home. "Are you spending the night?" I ask ashton, knowing he'll say yes. "Hell yeah. There's no way I'm not staying over for your birthday tomorrow. You'll find out your mate tomorrow!" ashton smiled, happy for me.

"Yeah..."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!" I heard ashton scream and suddenly a 200 pound bag of muscle landed on me.
"ashton please..." I puffed, losing air. He got off me and gave me a kiss on the head. "Cmon sleepy, breakfast is waiting!" ashton spoke, pulling me out of bed. "ashton..." I mumbled tiredly, being annoyed because it was too early for this. "Happy birthday, bud!" My dad spoke upon seeing me. "Thank you, dad." I yawned, seeing pancakes on the table. "Happy birthday, love!" My mom smiled, a spatula in hand. "I made pancakes, so eat up, bub. You'll need it." My mom grinned, kissing my head.

"Thank you, mummy." I replied, grabbing a plate and picking up two pancakes, whereas ashton picked up about the entire rest of the plate. "Slow down, fatass." I lightly joked, ashton shooting me a plauful glare as he dug into his food. "I'm a grown man, i need alot of food." ashton spoke, flexing his muscles. "You're such a dork." I laughed, eating my pancakes.

I remembered that today i'd be finding my mate. My stomach dropped and i looked at ashton, anxiety written all over my face. "ash, i get to know who my mate is..." I whispered, close to throwing up. "You'll be 110% okay, michael. You probably have questions right?" ashton asked, placing a comforing hand on my thigh. "Alright so, as you know, on your 18th birthday, you find your mate. Your mate wont know that you're their mate until both of you have turned 18. You'll know who it is because they'll have an extremely addicting scent. You'll know who it is at any time of day. 11am or 8 at night, you'll never know when it will reveal itself." ashton explained, looking me dead in the eyes. I nodded, trying to comprehend it all.