Turn Back - Part I

Hey guys, this is just a random idea I came up with.. If you like it, let me know if you want another part!

Kakashi Hatake has been selected for trial on a new medication the Leaf has been working on in secret for years now. The effects? Kakashi is reverted to his 12-year-old self! The effects aren't permanent, but the side-effects are haunting..

A sharp knock on his front door snapped Kakashi out of his half-asleep state; arm hanging off the edge of his bed as he buried his face in the pillow. As far as he remembered he hadn't slept that night at all... Again. The knock came again, louder this time, followed by a powerful, booming voice that belonged to none other than the 5th Hokage herself.

"Hatake! Get up! It's time to go!" Tsunade yelled, wracking her knuckles on his wooden door once again.

If she doesn't cut that out I'll have to replace my door in a minute, Kakashi thought to himself, sighing as he slid out of bed.

Rubbing at his eyes, he yawned before grabbing his headband off the side table to cover his Sharingan, tying it around his head. He then stumbled to the door, his body unable to pull itself from it's exhausted stupor. He felt worse than he had in a long time, and that wasn't good. A hand went to his Sharingan, now covered, and he could vaguely feel it bleeding beneath the headband.

Kakashi ran his fingers quickly through his hair before opening the door, putting on his best façade as Tsunade stood impatiently with her hands on her hips, a worried looking Shizune next to her.

Guess she was worried about my door too, Kakashi almost laughed.

"Hurry up, Kakashi. We agreed on this date, now we have to go," Tsunade ordered.

"Alright, I'm coming, I just-"

"Did you just wake up?" Tsunade raised an eyebrow

"Well, sort of.." Kakashi rubbed the back of his head, avoiding eye contact.

"So let me guess, you need to take a shower, have breakfast, brush your teeth, so on?"

"Uh.. Yeah.. Sorry."

Tsunade sighed deeply, shaking her head, however her tone was calm.

"Alright, just hurry, got it?"

"Yes, Lady Hokage."

~~

"Kakashi? Kakashi! Are you even listening?"

Tsunade stopped right in front of Kakashi, and he found himself lost in his thoughts and as a result, crashed right into her. His heart skipped a beat and he quickly bowed in apology.

"I'm sorry, Lady Tsunade, please forgive me."

"Are you feeling alright, Kakashi?" Shizune spoke up quietly as Tsunade just glared at the Jonin. "You look rather pale.."

Tsunade sighed again, half out of annoyance and partially in sympathy for the overworked ninja.

"This medicinal formula is experimental. It hasn't been tested before, so if you're going to be our subject, you have to be feeling up to it. Just tell me if you need to reschedule."

"No, m'lady," Kakashi shook his head quickly, "I'll be fine. Let's proceed."

~~

"Okay, so we're not sure about what side-effects this should have, but I'm confident it shouldn't be too bad.

We've been developing this formula for years, and it's designed especially for elite ninja with specific kekkei-genkai such as your Sharingan, to aid you in battle - giving both a power boost and extending the time you'll be able to use the power. It may even help with your Mangekyo Sharingan."

Kakashi nodded at Shizune as she finished explaining.

"I see, that's why you needed me, you need my Sharingan.."

"It's alright, Kakashi," Tsunade assured him, "there's nothing in there that will kill you. We're just not sure what effects it will have. But anything that may go wrong will be temporary, or easily reversible. I've done extensive studies on the ingredients and what happens when you combine them."

"Understood."

"So, are you ready..?" Shizune asked rather nervously.

"No time like the present," Kakashi feigned a smile back at her, and received a tiny vial with a mouthful of sparkling, deep blue liquid within, and took a deep breath before downing it, quickly replacing his mask afterwards.

After a moment, Shizune spoke up.

"So.. How do you feel?"

Kakashi shrugged, holding back a yawn.

"Nothing different yet."

Certainly doesn't help with fatigue, Kakashi thought, feeling his eyes trying to close themselves.

"Perhaps if we observe the Sharingan, m'lady?" Shizune offered, and Tsunade nodded.

"Kakashi, can you please show us your Sharingan?"

Kakashi nodded and pulled his headband up, then it hit him. A sharp pain ran through his eye and head, his vision began to blur and he felt dizzy. Covering the Sharingan with his hand was to no avail, and as he began to lose consciousness, he felt the two women by his side, preventing him from falling to the ground.

His head throbbed, and everything continued spinning as he tried to make sense of his situation. The last thing he heard was a worried Tsunade asking Shizune to retrieve something. Then it faded to black.