Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Lewis' Secret Fishing Spot, half an hour later...

Theory #1 – Anna is a mermaid

Theory #2- Ben is a merman

Theory #3 – They have some powers

Theory #4 – Recently changed at Mako Island

These theories are what drove the group of ten to test them at Lewis' secret fishing spot.

Lewis managed to get Emma and Bella, a reluctant Rikki, and a 'more than happy to help' Cleo into the water along with Anna and Ben to help with encouraging the new merfolk to accept their transformation. Sure enough all five girls and Ben transformed, and long tails could be seen.

It was a curious experience for all to see a merman. His tail was a deep red, a lot darker than all the girls' tails. A single sash of reddish scales ran across his bare muscular chest from shoulder to hip.

Ben had his mouth wide open in shock.

"Okay everyone," Lewis announced, "Theories #1, #2, and #4, have been proven correct."

The guys pulled the girls and Ben out of the water so Rikki could dry them off after she had done herself.

"Okay, now for a powers test..." Lewis instructed. "Here is a rock pool – girls, do what you do as a demo" he gestured to Emma, Rikki, Cleo and Bella.

Cleo went first, she moved and moulded the water into a tower making it twirl and ascend higher and higher into the sky.

"Where's all the extra water coming from?" Anna enquired to Lewis.

"To be honest, we have no idea! - magic?" Lewis answered.

Cleo then made the wind blow briefly to demonstrate her weather control.

Anna and Ben were already impressed, but it was only the start of the show.

Rikki went next boiling the water, all the while striking lightening down onto the sand and making a bush burst into flames. The bush was put out by Emma.

Emma followed freezing solid what once was boiling. She also caused a small snow storm as a demonstration.

Bella moved forward after her.

"My power is not all as grand as that..." she said before powering up.

Bella made the water in the rock pool a gelatinous mass.

"Go on – touch it" She said to the curious newbies. They did. After this she hardened it into a solid mass. Soon after she released the water in the rock pool, changing it back to its original form.

At the end of the display of powers, Anna and Ben were very, very impressed.

"How long have you been...ahh...?" Ben asked

"Mermaids?" Emma responded

"Yeah..."

Cleo answered, "Five years now isn't it?" She was met by a series of nods.

"Except for me," Bella spoke up, "I've been a mermaid for twelve years."

"Don't worry we'll help you." She smiled at the couples' nervous faces.

"How about you two try on the rock pool, to see if you have powers," Lewis said.

Ben went first; he pushed his palm out in front of him. Suddenly the pool froze over.

"Whoa!" He gasped and took a step back.

Rikki made her hand into a fist and melted the ice from where she was standing.