Chapter 5

A cut. A sting. Derek feels a deep sharp pain on the back of his hand and lets out a half growl/half cry before he can stop himself. Pulling his hand back out from the bush he looks down at the thin yet deep scratches on his hand. The scratch begins to burn and he lets out a low growl.

At the sight of blood on their Alphas hand the Betas all growl and jump at the bush. All of them jumping at the same time makes some of them hit each other before landing on the floor. Scott, Isaac and Erica are the first to get to the bush. They jump at it and a dark shadow lets out a loud screech before jumping out and running into the woods and the Betas give chase. Derek makes to follow but turns around and tells the humans(and banshee) to go inside the house and lock themselves in. He then shifts and runs into the woods to catch what ever scratched him.

Stiles grabs Allison's hand and follows Lydia and Danny inside the house. Allison, Danny and Lydia go around making sure that all windows and doors are locked while Stiles goes and checks on the protected spells and runes around the house making sure that everything is like its supposed to be.

When they're done they make their way to the kitchen since the windows are facing the edge of the woods and wait for the pack to return.

"They'll be okay right?" Danny asks nobody in particular.

"Of course Danny-boy. You saw that whatever it is that they're chasing after was small and you have more than half a dozen werewolves out there chasing after it." Stiles answer. "I bet that they'll walk through those trees any minute now."

Minutes pass in complete silence, each of them to busy worrying about their significant other. The tick-tock of the large clock on the wall only seems to make time feel slower. Each second stretching into long minutes.

~

Derek runs past trees, his speed increases as he follows the scent of his Betas. He jumps over a fallen tree and comes to a stop once he notices that the betas have split up. He's still standing there when he feels something run behind him, he turns around but doesn't see anything. He stops and tries to use his senses. He hears birds chirping on the trees, the rustle of the leaves as the winds blows, the flow of water coming from a small creek about a mile away. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. He turns around and makes his way back trying to catch a scent of whatever is out there.

It isn't until he's halfway back that he realizes that he hasn't heard his betas. Usually he can hear them running through the woods and they always try to stay close.

He catches the scent of his betas and quickly changes direction, his feet carrying him toward his pack. He lets himself start to shift into his Alpha form and picks up speed. Seconds later his body has changed into a wolf. He keeps running until he makes into some sort of flower field.

This confuses him because never in his years of running here with his old and new pack has he ever seen this place before. He sniffs the air but doesn't smell anything. Literally. He can't smell the grass, flowers or anything in the air.

He walks on the edge if the tree lines trying to understand what's blocking his senses. It feels like some kind magic barriers is surrounding the field but it doesn't feel like any type if magic he's ever felt before.

He hears a loud hiss all around him and can't tell from where the noise is coming from. Still in his wolf form he crouches low, bares his teeth at the unknown and unseen enemy.

A muffled noise catches his attention and he follows the noise across the field. At the sight of his betas all tied up to a tree he runs toward them. They're trying to yell something at him through the gags they have on but he pays it no mind, all he can think of is getting to his pack mates and freeing them.

More than halfway there something catches him by surprise and tackles him to the side. He lets out a loud body shivering growl and twist his body to try to bite at whatever is in top of him. He uses his hind legs to kick and claw, him and his opponent wrestle until Derek bites him on his neck and the other kicks him sending him rolling until he lands a couple of feet away.

He can feel some of his wounds start to heal and crouches again ready to pounce at the very cat like creature in front of him. The other animal looks like an over sized cat. It's probably about five feet tall and looks as if it's made of fire. It's whole body is a mixture of blue,red and orange like flames.

Derek is ready to attack again when a loud booming voice calls out and the cat creature steps back, sits on his hind legs and starts to shrink.

Derek forgets all about the need to attack because holy shit the mutant cat thing is changing size. Remembering the cause of the creature to change shape he turns and bares his teeth at the man walking down the field.

"Calm down Wolf, we mean you no harm." His deep voice carries down the wind and even with the man a couple yards away it sounds like the man is directly speaking at his ears.

"We only want to talk."

If Derek was I'm his human form he probably would have laughed at him. 'No harm?' He thinks. Since when is tying up people to a goddamn tree and having your mutant cat attack you considered as a sign of peace.

"It's not." The mans eyebrows go up and a smile forms on his lips. "I just wanted to talk without being interrupted."

Derek is confused, he's pretty sure he didn't say that out loud or more like he couldn't have had said that out loud since he's still in his Alpha form.

And them the man answers his unasked question.

"You didn't. I can hear your mind Wolf." His Japanese accent rings in his ears and head as if the man was talking inside of him.

And what the fuck? Derek wants to punch the guy for invading his privacy. Is this mind rape? He wonders, is the crazy mutant cat owner raping his mind right now.

(A/N)

~sorry for the short and crappy chapter but it was my birthday yesterday, I'm still a little hungover and I've drunk like five cups of coffee and I think half of my brain died.