Chapter 1

As time went on, Louis had went to the bakery regularly, whether it was with Eleanor or not. Louis and Harry still haven't sparked up a conversation yet, except for their exchange of 'thank yous' and 'you're welcomes' After Louis had gotten his usual coffee and here and there got something else whether it was a piece of pie or a doughnut. 

Louis was doing the normal routine of showering, getting dressed, then heading out for a coffee. Since it was Monday, Louis had to return from his vacation and go back to work. He mentally sighed knowing that he couldn't see Harry as much as he wanted to, grabbed his wallet, and headed out of his apartment. He skipped down the stairs and out the front door of the entire building. He felt the cold wind hit his face as soon as he took one foot out the door, he huddled himself together trying to conserve the heat from his body.

He had woken up a little later than usual so he didn't even have time to grab a coffee quickly. He hopped in his Range Rover turning on the ignition. He fully pulled out of the driveway, turning on the radio, and listening to his normal station.

The restaurant Louis works at is all the way across town making it almost an hour drive. A series of red lights had extended his drive. Though, not making him late, his boss was still mad at him for some reason.

"Tomlinson." His boss initiated.

"Hey, boss." Louis was kind of struck by the tone in his boss' voice. Then again, his boss would find anything wrong to fire him or get him to quit so he won't have to pay him for the rest of the week and he can't collect unemployment.

"You're late."

"Sir, I was on time..."

"You came in the RESTAURANT on time. You still haven't punched in, making you late." He explained.

"But I-"

" No buts Tomlinson. Listen, this has been happening for a while now. I can't let it slide any longer. The workers have been complaining."

"About how you treat them?" He asked sassily.

"Oh nice one, smartass. You deserve an award," He replied with all sarcasm. "Anyways, I'm telling you this once. You're fired."

"Am I supposed to be devastated? Should I get on my hands and knees begging you to take me back?" Louis sarcastically replied.

"Shut it. Now I'll have your last paycheck by Friday, pick it up and you'll get out of my life for good. Goodbye." Louis' now former boss had shooed him out.

"Well, that was completely uncalled for. Maybe I can meet up with Eleanor." He told himself.

He grabbed the phone from the front pocket in his jacket. He scrolled through the little amount of numbers in his contacts and his eyes landed on Eleanor's. He dialed her number, her answering on the second ring.

"Hiya Lou! What can I do ya for?" Eleanor cheerfully asked.

"You don't have work today do you?" He asked.

"Sorry Lou. I do, just on Wednesdays I don't have work." She pouted through the phone though she knew he couldn't see her. "What about Harry?" She teased through the phone.

Louis blushed. "El, I haven't even talked to him."

"Sure you have. Go for it Lou. Bye!" She hung up.

Louis shook his head at the comment and returned into his car. He blasted the radio making almost every car or person around him able to hear the songs playing.

He parked his car and went back to his apartment. Turning on the stove to boil the cold water and make a fresh cup of tea. As the tea pot whistled, signalling it was ready, Lou grabbed a cup and poured the water in after placing a 'Green Tea' tea bag.

He grabbed the newspaper from outside of his door and retreated back into the kitchen for his tea. He sat at the table glancing over the paper mainly focusing on the comic section. Lou sipped his tea from time to time, but before he could finish it he realized he should grab some coffee... And by that he means any excuse to see Harry.

Once again, he exited his apartment. He walked a few houses down and made it to the little bakery where Harry worked. He walked in placing a smile upon his face to cover up the bad few hours he had. The bakery was actually quite full, but it was around everyone's break time. He waited in line for a good amount of minutes before getting his coffee.

"Thanks Harry." Louis smiled

"Welcome, Jake. " He winked.

It took him a few seconds to figure out why he called him Jake but he smiled when he did. He took his seat and sipped his coffee.

Louis finished his coffee and Liam approached him. Louis looked up at his friend and his eyes followed him when Liam sat down.

"Hey, Li."

"Hey, Lou. How's it going?" Liam asked.

"Pretty... Sucky."

"You're usually here after work, what happened?"

"Eh, boss fired me. No big deal." Louis shrugged.

"... You know if you're looking-"

"I know, I can work at the bank across the street. You've told me." Lou slightly rolled his eyes.

"I was going to say... You could work here. Allison quit on me since she's moving so we need new people. Come on." Liam practically begged him to work there.

"I don't know..."

"You'd be close to your best friend. Take the damn offer. " Liam chuckled lowly.

"Fine. When do you want me to start?" Louis asked.

"Want to start now? Well, your training?" Liam questioned.

"Sure, sure... But who's training me?" Louis raised an eyebrow.

"Hmm," Liam glanced behind the counter where a few people were working but stopped searching when he found the perfect person to train Louis.

"Harry. You know him right?"

'and have crush on him 'Lou thought. "Yeah, kinda."

"Perfect." Liam grinned from ear to ear.

"Hey Harry!" Liam yelled at Harry who was currently occupied with sweeping behind the counter.

"Yeah?" He replied. Walking over to them both.

"You remember Lou right?" Harry nodded, the only person he has ever flirted with and the only person that made him blush. "Good. You'll be training him." Liam smirked with satisfaction and pushed Lou a little closer to Harry and left them alone.

"Uh, hey Harry." Louis slightly looked down.

"Hey Lou. So.. Working here now?" Harry asked.

"Yup. And you're training me." Louis stated the obvious.

"Yeah. Well, let's get to training!" Harry seemed to perk up quite a bit.

*-*-*-*

"Lou, did anyone ever tell you whipped cream goes on top?" Harry laughed.

Louis looked at what he was doing and blushed. "I didn't even know I was doing that." He laughed along.

Louis squirted a small amount of whipped cream on his fingers and plopped it on Harry's face. Harry pouted and wiped it off with his fingers and ate it off of them.

"Yummy." Harry giggled quietly. 'Did just giggle?' Harry thought.

"Hey Lou, Harry. You guys can leave early today because I need you two early in the morning. " Liam interrupted the small moment they had just shared.

"Alright." They said simultaneously.

"Bye Lou," Harry waved.

"Bye, Harry." Louis waved back and they both went their separate ways to their apartments.