The food is revolting

I was definitely awake, however my eyes remained closed. I think I stayed that way not because I didn't know what was happening around me, but because I knew exactly what was happening.

I'd been restrained. The nervous chatter between nurses, doctors and security guards mixed with the fact that I couldn't move any of my limbs confirmed that.

I was also very aware that as soon as my eyes opened I'd be shot at left right and centre with dozens of questions about my 'mental breakdown' earlier.

And so I lay there, as quiet and as lifeless as possible, pretending to still be under influence of whatever drug they'd injected into me during my episode.

Suddenly Dr.Olivers calming voice spoke up, "is she still out?" He asked, concern lurking in his not so cheery voice.

"I think she's coming round."

"Good, how are we approaching the situation once she does wake up?" Olivers replied, his voice deeper this time.

There was a deafening silence in the room and it stayed that way for a good minute or two before someone finally chirped in.

"I think she needs rest before we bombard her with questions and accusations." I silently agreed.

"I think so too. Once she wakes up we will get her to her room for the night. We can figure everything else out tomorrow.." Olivers added.

Conscious or not, I'm pretty sure that the conversation they had was not supposed to happen around me, however I'm glad it did.

Anyway, I decided that it was probably a good time to pretend-wake-up. "What's going on?"

Everyone in the room very awkwardly and very slowly turned their gaze toward Olivers, each hoping he would say something quickly.

"No need to worry. We're going to get you to your room now." He reassured, making sure to amplify his councillor voice.

And so I was escorted back to my prison cell to rest for the night. However, the constant flashbacks of the day kept popping in and out of my head, assuring me that I wasn't getting any sleep at all.

-

The next morning the tedious twists and turns of the locks on my door woke me up. Not that I slept much anyway. In skipped a cheery Dr.Olivers and a cart full of meds. One thing you don't need after a restless night.

"Good morning!" He sang as he wheeled the squeaky trolley toward me. "Morning medication and breakfast is served."

I laughed a little, "you really can't beat morning meds and soggy toast."

"Oh I'm sure you can, but we'll have to make do." He went silent for a moment as he sorted through the stack of pills. "So we're not allowing you any visitors for a few weeks. Yesterday's episode caused a lot of speculation between staff members. They considered keeping you in your room again, but I don't think that will do any good, so instead we're locking everyone else out."

Hearing him say that was like hearing I'd won the lottery. I couldn't imagine having to stare at the same four walls all day every day again. "Thank you."