Chapter Thirty-Five

Emerald (a few days after the incident)

I felt sick to my stomach. I stared down in tears looking at the medical report.

Pregnant

It stated in big letters. The doctor was drowning and trying to comfort me. This was supposed to be just a check up to make sure I was okay after everything that had happened.

"Do you want me to call Ryder?" I shook my head wiping the tears off of my face. "Rae?" I nodded softly at this. I can't tell Ryder, not now.

The doctor went into mind-link and contacted her. I was scared. I was still waiting on the test results but I knew already. It's not Ryder's. It can't be. Even when we were trying I would've known right away. It's not his.

The doctor went back to doing the blood sample testing. The door has opened with Rae coming in.

"What's wrong? Em?" She looked at the tears rushing down trying to wipe them off for me. The doctor handed her the paper. She must've been reading it. "Oh em! Congratulations. You and Ryder were trying weren't you? Don't be sad!"

I shook my head whimpering. The machine made a beeping noise and another paper came out of it. The doctor sighed reading it over and handed the paper to Rae again. She suddenly hugged me and I broke down into sobs.

"I'm so sorry em. Everything going to be okay. It's gonna be okay" she tried to soothe me. I couldn't think straight. Ryder is going to be so mad when he finds out it's not his pup. "Have you told anyone?"

"N-no. I can't...I-I'm such a burden"

"It's not your fault.It's not at all. We have to tell Ryder. It's the right thing to do"

"I-I can't. I can't" I started to sob again.

"Do you want me to tell him?" I thought about it for a minute. I nodded softly and whimpered again. "Okay..stay here and rest okay? Drink some water" she handed me the glass of water and I sipped it. My hands were shaking.

She sighed and left the room.
~

I heard a knock on the door and jumped getting scared. I quickly got up locking it.

I could sense Ryder through the door. After slamming the door on his face and sliding down the door he spoke.

"Rae told me everything. Em please. Just let me in. We need to talk about it" I stayed silent, my fingers found their way again, tapping against my leg. It was a sense of calming me almost.

"Em you know I'm just gonna break the door down" I sighed, getting up. I opened the door and then he immediately wrapped his arms around me in an embrace. My nose found the crook of his neck and I sighed in content. He held me tighter and we stayed there.

"We are keeping the baby" I heard him whisper. I immediately wriggled out of his grip and stepped back.

"What?"

"Listen I'm not going to force you to do anything but we cannot kill the baby"

"R-Ryder it's not your pu-"

"I know and that makes me angry as all hell. I wouldn't go in the dining hall as all the furniture is broken. But...I don't want you getting hurt. I know Vampire Werewolf children can kill their mother. They drain you and if you were to get rid of it, it would kill you"

"I-I'm willing to risk that to keep us. I-I'll be strong"

"No you won't. I'll raise it as my own. It shouldn't have to suffer because of its father. I'll be a better one for it. I swear"

"What about Ramon? What if he finds out?"

"He will never find out. I will have you close to me and I will protect you. The wolves here will all protect you as you are their Luna. They will protect this child as well. I love you Gem. Nothing will ever change that. Not ever"

"E-everything will be okay then?"

He chuckled lightly. "Everything will be okay my Gem" I then ran jumping into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. He stumbled a little but I felt him hold at my legs to support me. He laughed then spun me around making me squeal.

Maybe it will be okay after all

Maybe