Chapter 3

I had this typical routine before and after a bath. Well, actually, I lie.

I want to have this typical routine before and after I bathe. Hmmm, maybe start of with always remove jewelry before bathing and end with always mousturising after, both body and face and definately put some serum in my hair too.

Oh, and, definately start tweezing my eyebrows!

Yes, thats what I needed, a routine. You know how you see in the movies?

Not a routine just before or after a bath per se, just any old routine. Example, in Monster-in-Law how J Lo always kisses her parents picture before she runs out of the house?

I wish I had something like that.

Actually sometimes I do wish I had a picture of my parents.

I think I have my mothers eyes. She had kind eyes. I mean she has kind eyes, wherever she is... Father... Well my grandmother used to say I look like him. But I don't think I want to have anything in common with that man. Except for, well. Genes.

Aaah. Mother, my maa. She had these amazing brown eyes. Has I mean. Almost honey hazel.

And her smile.

Even though we rarely had happy moments I remember her as a happy person.

When she smiled, her eyes smiled with her.

She rarely hugged me, but I remember that last embrace very fondly. I remember my dad patted my head and asked to me to be good. I think I even remember him tearing up. I never thought I'd see him cry after grandfather's funeral.

That was all a long long time ago. In another time, in another world.

Then off I had gone into the most surreal thing I had ever experienced.

I went into this huge giant noisy metal bird. I knew I would never come back and I don't think I ever wanted to. I was so scared I vaguely remember wanting to pee a lot, but I just sat very still and kept quietly to myself. A huge variety of new smells and sights had surrounded me and I had wanted to soak everything in. I was given new clothes and shoes and I had held on the edge of the shirt I was wearing for what had felt like hours. I remember my little fingers hurting from gripping it so hard.

That was all a long time time ago. In another time, in another world.

As I pulled a fresh towel out of the linen cupboard I thought of all the littlest things living in this part of the world had taught me.

I learnt about lavender.

Lavender made me smile.

Not only had it quickly become my favourtive color, it was also my favourite flower and favourite essense. My mum used lavender laundry softner and that towel just smelled so good right now. I was so blessed that they had taken me away from that other place...

I had too many thoughts as I stepped into my bathroom. I let my tub fill with hot water and after sprinking some vanilla essence in it I walked to my mirror and took my necklace off to start my new routine.

"Sugar!"

I've been using some crazy alternatives to curse words I thought, just as I grabbed my "S" shaped pendant that had slipped off my necklace and almost fell down the drain in the sink.

Yeah good one Ally. I have brilliant reflexes, I had caught that so quick!

Getting into my hot bath I felt my knee hurt so sharply from where I'd fallen in that silly bush earlier. My palms burnt too, god only knows how exactly I'd scraped them. Why am I always super clumsy?! It was so embarrasing when Mr. O'Riley had helped me up earlier. He was this crazy neighbour we had, some film producer I think and I had been screaming at him when all he was trying to do was help me up after I'd bumped into him and spilled his groceries all over the street.