Wild Encounter

Chapter 2

Aaron's gaze scanned the entire villa as he walked in with his luggage. Ibha being mesmerised by his appearance, failed to realize that she was standing in his way. Mrs. Walker was about to request her to move aside when Aaron commented. "Everything I see has filth in it."

That's when Ibha was pulled out of her thoughts and introduced to him by Mrs. Walker. "He's my grandson, Aaron Walker. And she my dear, is Ibha our caretaker. A local of this town," she explained delightfully.

 Aaron had a good look at her and made a face. "Local huh...Is that the best you both could get," he commented and walked past her as if she didn't exist for him.

"Don't mind his words, I'm sure he didn't mean it. He's just tired after a long journey, why don't you make us all a nice cup of hot tea," Mrs. Walker said and followed him in.

Ibha sighed and wondered if what Mrs. Walker said about him was really true because his tone cleared sounded like he meant every word. She turned to walk in as well when suddenly her gaze fell on the black car. "Oh so it was you who threw that can out the window," She raised her brows and sighed before going in.

"Watch it," Aaron said before Ibha bumped into his luggage and tripped. Maintaining her balance she stood straight and looked at the bags he had scattered in the hallway. "Why are you locals so dumb anyway? Can't you see the bags before you?" he remarked and criticised her.

"I'm sorry, I'll be careful next time," She apologised innocently and brushed her hair with her fingers.

"You better be," he said and walked away in search of Mr. Walker, his grandfather.

"Tired huh, either grandma loves him too much or she really can't see what a snobbish man her grandson is. I wonder how long he'll be staying here, looks like a trouble maker to me," Ibha muttered in disappointment and went towards the kitchen to make some tea and snacks.

Her first encounter with the young snobbish businessman hadn't gone well. They say that the first impression is the last, yet Ibha thought of giving him a second chance before forming her opinion about him, after all she had to pass on the news of the member to her best friend Shambhuvi.

 As she stood in the kitchen she noticed how the otherwise quiet villa was now bursting with the chirpy voice of the old lady who was the only person excited to have her grandson come visit them.  She heard her voice echo while she guided him in and around the villa. Ibha found it weird that instead of sitting down and talking to his grandma, he was more interested in knowing how big the villa was. "Maybe he's coming after ages and has forgotten how the villa looked like," she thought as she poured the cups of tea.

Holding the tray in hand she went out in search of them and found Mr. Walker cleaning his hunting rifle in the backyard. He unlike his wife wasn't interested in showering his attention on Aaron, instead he was pretending that Aaron didn't exist.

"Grandpa, won't you be joining us for tea in the drawing room?" She asked curiously and approached him.

"No, I'm better off here, there are some elements that disturb me and certainly don't want to encounter them," Mr. Walker snorted and brushed his white moustache.

"Uh...Okay...I'll keep your cup here then, by the way if you're going out for hunting then you better wear your sweater or you'll catch a cold," She advised and placed the cup near him.

"Ahh you never fail to show your concern, do you? I'm glad that we've got someone who really cares," he smiled and looked at her lovingly like a father.  "Don't worry, I'll not catch a cold but I'll surely catch a rabbit for supper," He added while she laughed.