8

The vixen must have sensed his presence. Her drooping ears perked up, and she sat frozen for a moment before turning around to face the fuming fox behind her.

What are you doing here? Jimin growled. I told you I never want to see you again. Why are you here?

The vixen stays quiet, not wanting to anger the fox even more. Jimin huffs and looks away for a brief moment before facing her again, the anger in him slowly turning into sadness.

Is leaving me not enough? Are you back here to hurt me again like last time? You left me, you've made your choice. Now please, leave me alone for good. Your presence only makes me suffer.

Jimin turns around to leave, but he stops dead in his tracks when the vixen blurts out,

Why do you reek of human? You know we shouldn't get mixed up with humans, they do you no good.

Jimin starts getting dizzy from the anger that is building up inside him once again. He has a strong urge to pounce on the vixen and hurt her this instant, but he refrains himself from doing so. He doesn't want a fight. Especially not now, when he has an actual home.

You have no right to talk about humans like that. After you left me twice, it was humans that had taken care of me and nourished me with love. They are better parents than you are, mother.

He can't stand it anymore, so he ran. Bolting away from his mother, across the field towards the house where he calls his new home. He couldn't apprehend what he is feeling right now. Is it sadness? Anger? Or maybe disappointment? He can't tell.

He can't forgive his mother again. Not after how she left him for her own safety and comfort, not caring about how he's doing. He couldn't find the love he was looking for in her. He was disappointed.

Noticing that the lights in the house are still on, Jimin looks for ways to get into the house. But he had no choice but to scratch on the front door with his paws to gain attention because all the windows were shut tightly and locked.

No one came for the door.

He was about to give up when the door slightly creaks open, revealing Hoseok who pokes his head out of the now ajar door with a nervous expression. He jerks slightly when Jimin barks at him to gain his attention and was dumbfounded for a while.

When he got out of his trance, he quickly opens the door for the fox, "She needs you. Up the stairs into the first room you see."

The fox nods and sprints to the mentioned room. The door of the room is ajar, and sniffing sounds can be heard even in the hallway. Jimin looks through the door only to see Taehee, holding a big bowl of pink substance in her arms. Mumbles are heard, but he can't really make out what she's saying.

Cautiously, he enters the room quietly and sat beside her, who was too focused on the television to even notice that a creature had taken his place beside her. It wasn't until when he lightly brushes his tail against her forearm that she finally notices his presence.

"Jimin?!" She exclaims, her voice sore from all the crying she had done. She slowly puts down her bowl and wipes her tears away. Jimin quickly jumps onto her lap and presses himself onto her. She flinches a bit, but later, a soft smile appears on her face as she hugs the fox close.

"Stupid. Do you know how worried I was? How could you do this to me? Don't ever run off like that next time, got it?" The fox whimpers, feeling genuinely sorry for what he had done. He slightly pushes himself away and cranes his neck to lick away the dried tears on her face.

Taehee giggles and reaches her hand out to pat on his head. Jimin looks up into her eyes and saw what he had always been longing to see, something his mother could never give,

Genuine love and care.

He wasn't so sure before, but he is now.

This is home now.

__

Jimin devours his dinner as Hoseok watches him from the dining table with his hand supporting his chin. He would also occasionally steal glances at Taehee who's sitting in front of him.

"What is it?" She finally asks as she takes small sips of her warm soup.

"Nothing. It's just... I don't understand. Why did you cry over the fox?" He asks, very much confused by the incident that had taken him by surprise.

"Actually... I don't know either... There's this overwhelming sadness that just hit me like a truck when I couldn't find him. I don't know why." She puts her spoon down and sighs, looking up at her best friend.

"But I'll have to let him go eventually. I know that." Hoseok takes a glance at the fox again, and a smile made its way onto his face.

"I think that, is not for you to decide."He says, emphasizing the 'that'.  Taehee eyes him, confused.

"I don't think Jimin wants to leave. Just look at him. He keeps trying to  steal you away from me, doesn't that mean something?"

__

Taehee was getting ready for bed when she notices Jimin sitting beside her opened bedroom door. He is looking up at her, his eyes huge and sparkly, his ears perked up, and his tail wagging. Overpowered by his cuteness, Taehee crouches down and pats him.

"Aigoo... Why are you here?" The fox pointed at her bed with the tip of his nose.

I want to sleep with you.

Taehee caught on quickly and smiles at him, " Of course. Let's go."

She lets him in and closes the door and the lights before climbing into bed. Taehee lies down comfortably, and later, Jimin comes closer to her and snuggles up against her.

He quietly watches as she slowly drifts off to sleep.

He had finally felt warm inside.

A/N

My writing sucks istg.

SOMEONE  PLEASE  TEACH  ME  HOW  TO  WRITE .