Chapter 11 - Complete

**Mature Content Ahead**

My lessons with Sofia went quite well, although they took up the late half of the morning and the early part of the afternoon. Since it was my first time even attempting to channel these healing abilities of mine, we took things slow. The majority of our lesson consisted of her teaching me how to truly focus, relax, and meditate, which is harder than it may sound for someone like me who isn't used to relaxing or sitting still.

Despite this, I felt rather accomplished. Sofia said I did well and that I had managed to channel my 'true energies.'

Once we were done for the day, I told Sofia to go back to her room and rest since I'd woken her so early in the morning. I, on the other hand, decided it was time to track down my mate.

Not only was I curious about if he had found any helpful information, but I decided I really needed to spend some time with him. He was a good man and deserved that much.

Plus, I couldn't deny I now enjoyed his presence. It may have taken a while for me to really warm up to him, but now...I hated to admit it, but I didn't like to be without him.

The man hadn't even marked me or mated with me yet, and I was feeling this way.

Goddess help me.

I made my way back upstairs to Elijah's office at a leisurely pace, although I was eager to hear if he had found out anything more while Sofia and I were away. That, and I had other plans for us this evening.

As I approached the large, white double doors that led into Elijah's office, I stopped for a moment to take a deep breath. Not only was I nervous to receive any new information that he may have, but I was nervous about the bold move I was about to make.

"Swallow your pride. He's our mate," my wolf growled at me.

I internally scowled at her. As rogues, we had been one in the same, always on the same page, but since Elijah had found us, my wolf constantly criticized me about my actions.

I finally released my breath and pushed open the large doors to find my mate sitting at his desk, staring intensely at his laptop screen. Once he was aware of my presence, his golden eyes snapped up to meet my blue ones, and a wide smile formed on his lips.

I smiled back, and it was genuine. Although I was currently on a mission to strengthen our relationship as mates, the smile came naturally. Being in Elijah's presence now filled me with overwhelming happiness that I was embarrassed to admit.

"Anything new?" I asked, not completely sure which way I wanted him to answer.

Elijah sighed and shook his head, "I've personally called Alpha Zane and Alpha Trey. They both said the names didn't sound familiar, but that they'd look into it. I trust that Trey will do his best to help us, however, Zane and I don't exactly get along."

I cocked an eyebrow at Elijah. I was shocked to hear him say that he didn't get along with someone. If he could get along with an asshole like Dean, couldn't he get along with anyone? I didn't know much about Zane, but if Elijah didn't like him, then I was convinced he was worse than Dean.

"So, we'll need to keep pushing Zane for information, won't we?" I asked.

Elijah nodded, "I can check back with him in the morning."

I smirked and shook my head at him, "Don't worry about that right now. I...wanted to do something for us this evening."

Elijah raised his eyebrows at me as his smile grew wider, "And just what do you have in mind, little mate?"