38

"I'm going to kill her." I growled, shaking as my eyes glowed red. Anger radiated throughout my body like never before. My wolf itched to be let free.

"Iris," quickly, Zander's hands gripped onto my arms, "We need to plan this, we can't just react with anger, you're not thinking straight."

His Alpha side was coming out, but my anger was overpowering my thoughts.

Storm. The half witch half werewolf, who I had viewed as my friend - my second best friend - had killed my son.

Uncle Dom had delivered the news to me not long ago. "Storm's mother was a witch called Rubia. She was obsessed with your father before he met your mother. Rubia refused to believe your father was not her mate and that is why she had to be banned from the pack. She had intercourse with another pack member to try to make your father jealous and fell pregnant just before this. That is how she became rogue and how she had her half breed daughter, Storm." He had explained, "However, Rubia still seeked revenge and she raised Storm with a witches knowledge knowing she could help her get revenge. When Storm had congratulated you at the first rogue meeting you attended, she managed to curse your child simply by looking in your eyes with her eyes in the yellow iris state. This is the curse of death, she had cursed the life inside you." He had paused. "She had cursed Damien."

I'd asked how he had only just found out about this. Why didn't he know about this before? He could have prevented this surely!

His response was "Witches have a way of covering their tracks for so long. The news had only just entered my mind, they must have prepared this attack for a long time. This was thoroughly planned."

I had soon lost control over my temper and my family had to leave. Zander and I were in my office alone and he was trying to calm me down as much as he could. I couldn't comprehend how he was so calm. Witches had killed our child!

Angrily, I pulled away from his embrace. "You don't care, but I do!" I screamed, trying to push past him."I'll get my revenge even if you don't let me."

My breath was knocked out of me as he pushed me against a wall. "You will obey your Alpha." He growled into my ear, causing my wolf to whimper and submit to his. My cheek rested against his as my wolf tried to calm his down.

After a while, soft kisses were placed along my jaw until his lips brushed against mine. "I'm sorry," he breathed. "I needed you to listen."

"I know." I sighed, wrapping my arms around him, tears escaping my eyes as I leant against his torso. "What are we going to do Zander?"

"We'll get revenge," He spoke sternly. "Don't doubt it darling." His fingers moved to smooth down my hair as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. "But you are staying safe. You are not taking part in this. I will have them dealt with."

"But-" I started, looking up at him.

"No." He replied, looking me in the eyes. I knew he wouldn't let me, no matter how hard I tried. He wanted to protect me. "You are not going to be put at risk again. Ever again." He concluded.

I signed in defeat, returning to hug him. The anger still ran through my body. I wanted to taste her blood.

~~~

"Sir, we've found them." A pack warrior said, marching into Zander's office. We had left the rogue grounds after discovering Storm had left and returned to Zander's pack where he had ordered his men to locate the witches.

Immediatedly, Zander stood up, lifting me off his lap and onto the sofa next to Ariella. He bobbed down, kissing my forehead and holding my cheeks between his hands. "Please be good. I love you." He whispered, pressing a kiss against my lips.