p r o l o g u e

P R O L O G U E —
BEST FRIENDS FOREVER

"BEST FRIENDS?"

Will Byers and Lizzy Wright had that special kind of friendship.

"FOREVER, BYERS."

The kind where, no matter what, they would be there for each other, and would always follow through for the other. It seemed damn near impossible to cut the ties between the two — not that Lizzy's proud family hadn't tried on countless occasions.

"LIZZY, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS."

Despite the ongoing feud between the Wright and the Byers families, Will and Lizzy's close friendship prevailed, and the two young teenagers often found themselves exploring the woods surrounding Castle Byers, or hanging out with their other friends Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, and Dustin Henderson.

"DO I LOOK LIKE I'M JOKING, LUCAS?"

All of the kids had been convinced that they would never be torn apart, especially since they had all known each other since a young age.

"I'M GOING TO FIND HIM. WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR HELP."

But then, something terrible happened.

"WILL, I WILL FIND YOU. I PROMISE."

Will Byers was reported missing, and even with the combined efforts of almost every citizen of Hawkins, Indiana, the search was deemed unsuccessful when they found no evidence of what could've happened to the boy.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

So Lizzy took matters into her own hands. After leaving a mysterious message for Mike, Lucas, and Dustin, she left and entered the woods, beginning her search for her missing best friend.

"COME ON. WE CAN DO THIS."

But, although she brought no one with her — she was not alone.

"HOLY SHIT."

As Lizzy soon finds herself trapped in an alternate dimension, she discovers her quest to find her partner in crime was not going to be an easy one, nor one that she should've taken alone.

"LIZZY. DON'T. MOVE."

Will and Lizzy are now running from something that they can't escape, but all they can hope for is that their friends can find them before the monster does first.

"LIZZY! GO! RUN!"

But everything will be fine, right?

"NOT WITHOUT YOU, BYERS!"

After all — friends don't leave each other behind.

"BEST FRIENDS?"

Especially not best friends.

"FOREVER, BYERS."

a/n : a sort of teaser kind of thing for you guys.

okay so, what i'm going to do right now is rewatch the series, but after each episode i'm going to write a chapter, just to make sure that i get all the dialogue and stuff right. i've seen the show like five times already, but you can never be too prepared.

i'm going to finish typing everything before any chapters are published though, so it may or may not take a while for everything to be published. sorry if you think this is a weird way to handle this. as you can see, i didn't plan this very well. plus, shit needs to be edited. (yes, i do cuss, and so does lizzy. i'm sorry if that bothers you. you don't have to read anyway.)

also, if you see any grammatical errors or plot holes, please point them out and i'll be sure to fix them. i have literally no life, so it shouldn't take me long to get back to you guys (<-- if there is anyone who actually reads this trash).

bye(rs), for now!

andy, your friendly neighborhood trashcan