Chapter seven

Cole's Point of View

What is that sound?! Oh my God who is yelling like that, I am trying to sleep!!!!

Please stop screaming! I swear, when I am at the good part of my dream I have to hear someone screaming.

Stop disturbing me! I thought.

Ugh...okay, I am going to get up and tell Hailey to shut her big mouth and stop screaming.

Wait...oh my God Hailey, why in the name of Luna is she screaming?! (A/N: Luna is another name for saying moon and the moon is the werewolf God.)

I jumped out of the bed and ran to her room. I kicked the door open and found her laying on her bed with sweat on her face; she was shaking rapidly.

"Hailey! Hailey! Hailey!!! Wake up! Hailey wake up!" I screamed, shaking her slowly.

She opened her eyes.

"Hailey are you okay?" I ask, then I realize what a stupid question that was.

She looked at me with tears falling her beautiful yet delicate and fragile face.

"Yes Cole, I'm fine," she answers.

"Would you like to tell me what exactly is going on and why were you crying?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"Okay," she replied.

She took a deep breath, then told me about how her parents died and everything she's been through since their death; including what her aunt and uncle did. Also the way the kids at school treats her.

By the time she finished she was crying a lot.

I held her in my arms.

She was a broken child, and she still survived each and every day that she wakes up.

I decided to at least try to cheer her up.

"HAILEY GET UP IT'S TIME TO GO SHOPPING!"

"No!!!!" She screamed, but I saw her eyes slightly lit up.

"Come on," I told her. "I'll give you forty-seven minutes to get ready then we're off to the mall."

"Okay," she said, jumping off the bed.

******************

One hour later we were at the mall. We shopped a lot; I got her some dresses, skirts, pants, and even a sexy designer bra and a few tops that she said she isn't going to wear.

"We'll see about that," I told her. A few hours later we went home.

Then it was time for her to get ready for the party.

I told her to get dressed in her red designer bra and black leggings and a five-inch high heels, but of course she refused. She wore black jeans and a plain black t-shirt with the dope sign on it.

Hailey's Point of View

Oh my God I shouldn't have gone to the party. Now I am standing in front of Hunter's house like an idiot. I should leave now. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

"No," I said. This is my one time chance to make friends. I've watched some movies and pathetic people like me make friends at a party. There will be a lot of people here so this is also my chance at finding my mate.

I lift my head high and walk inside the house; where the party's at.

There were teenagers everywhere talking, couples making out, and others dancing. Some were talking and flirting.

The music was really loud. I don't really know what I'm doing here but there was something inside me forcing me to come here.

And no, it isn't my wolf form because I haven't transformed since I haven't found my mate yet.

A female wolf can only transform when they find their mate. It's almost impossible for a female wolf to transform without her mate.

There has never been a time when a female wolf had to transform on their on. But a male wolf they transform at the age of sixteen.

But both males and females can never be complete without their mates. Its almost like half of you is dead.

My thoughts were interrupted when I smelled the most delicious scent I have ever smelled. It smelled like vanilla icing and fresh strawberry.

Oh my God, the smell was overwhelming. As I walk further into the house, the smell became stronger.

I wanted to know where the smell was coming from. I walked faster, in the direction of the amazing aroma.

I came face to face with Hunter, who looked confused. He sniffed the air, before his eyes landed on me. His eyes grew wide and it looked as if his eyeballs were going to fall out.

The words he said next stabbed me in the middle of my heart.

"I Hunter Snow, reject you, Hailey Jackson, as my mate."

"What? Why?" I whispered.

"Because I don't like your worthless ass and nobody likes you. Fate made a huge mistake to choose a soon-to-be alpha like me to be your mate. You are pathetic, fat, ugly, and that's why I rejected you. Now can you accept the rejecting so you can get out of my way?"

I was shocked. He was wrong. I'm not fat, ugly or pathetic. I'll show him

"I Hailey Lilly Jackson accept your rejection" I say.

I ran out of his house into the woods; and as I run I can feel myself transforming.

Oh my God, I thought.

I'm going to die...