AFTER JEROME

After Jerome: Fresh love of a Freshman

So, I lied. Come on and judge me. Judge me and tell me that I am a sinner. Just make sure that you have never lied even once in your life.

Can you blame me for not telling the truth? I was scared! I was scared that they might not like the idea of my real identity. I acted like the person they wanted me to be. It lasted for, I don't know, 19 years? What I know is that I've been hiding my own feelings that I almost cried every night just to release my frustration.

Then, one day, the truth made its own way to free itself out. It was not the way I expected. I was imagining that I would be the one to tell my family about it but an incident revealed everything. An incident that started with the game that I have no idea I was already playing.

I really did not believe his every word. He was too romantic, too caring, too much of everything. He was so good to be true.

I should have known.
---

Let me tell you what happened:

I was resting at our University Library just to beat the heat of summer afternoon.

I had a rough time deciding for a good position that I just let my left ear rest on my left hand on the table. I started to close my eyes and tried to get some sleep. I know it's bad to sleep inside the library but what can I do? I just love sleeping. I mean, who doesn't?

I know that not even a minute has passed when I felt someone sat beside me. I didn't care about it at first since he was not bothering me but when I felt something was trying get inside my nose I jolted and stood hastily.

"What the fu ck?!" I suddenly blurted out gathering everyone's attention. I sheepishly looked for the librarian to see if she noticed. When I thought she didn't, I crept out of my position to hide from her but a loud ringing of a bell echoed inside the room. Darn. She got me. She stared at me and signalled to go to her place. I wanted to hesitate but her look was really frightening. 'Please. I don't want to surrender my library card.' I thought to myself.

As I was on my way to that woman, I heard someone giggling behind my back. I looked back and saw a guy who was poking his nose which quickly reminded me why I am in that position on the first place.

I glared at him, showing my most devilish look. Darn. He acted as if he was not affected. The terrified look I was expecting was nowhere to be seen. What I saw was a very wide cute smile, dreamy eyes, and a very angelic fac - - Sh it! What was I thinking?! I came back to my senses when I heard another loud bell coming from the librarian's desk.

---

And behold, the rays of Mr. Sunshine are violating my exposed body. Some of you might say how wiener I am but let me tell you, you wouldn't want to be in warm environment if you're like me. I am a living water tank. I sweat a lot.

If only that librarian gave me a consideration, I would have stayed inside a bit longer. Thanks to some annoying guy who, I must say, have fetish for picking noses.

While I was busy drying off my sweat with my hankies, I felt a small poke on the right side of my head. After I turned right to see the suspect, I was surprised to see no one so I continued what I was doing. I was already enjoying my little solitude when I felt another poke, this time on the left side of my head. Just like what I did earlier, I turned left and saw no one. Truth be told, I was getting a little scared. Let me tell you, it was not the first time I felt someone poking me. I even told mother previously about this condition but she just joked that my 'third-eye' is half-open.