CHAPTER 13

(noelle note: I now regret writing the chapter titles in all caps because I feel like I'm screaming and that's just something I don't do really- anyway here is the long awaited chapter thirteen (: enjoy!!)

~~~~

Dan's POV

"Phil, wake up! I brought us breakfast."

Phil stirs in his sleep and mumbles grumpily before gradually opening his eyes.

"Good morning," I laugh. I set our plates of food on the nearby coffee table, as it's getting a bit uncomfortable to carry. Phil has brought me breakfast in bed twice this trip, so I thought it was my turn to return the favor.

"What's this you said about bringing us breakfast?" He mutters as he sits up.

"Here you go," I tell him as I hand him his plate of waffles and bowl of cereal. I take my plate to my bed and begin to eat. I decide that it's been awhile since I checked my email, so I open the app on my phone. The most recent email is one from the airline we are flying home on, so I open that first.

I groan as I read through the content of the email. "What?" Phil questions me.

"Bad news, all flights are cancelled for today due to 'unsafe weather conditions'. I just got an email about it. They said flights are resuming tomorrow, so it looks like we get an extra day here," I tell him.

"At least we found out before we made the long trek to the airport," Phil says.

"Yeah, but man I was really looking forward to being reunited with my bed tonight."

"And I was really looking forward to seeing all my houseplants," Phil sighs.

"What do you want to do today then?" I ask Phil.

"Go to the zoo again?" He suggests.

I laugh, "It's probably closed because of all the snow."

"Right," he says, pouting. "Well I'm sure there is some historical exhibit that we haven't seen here. I would rather not be outside all day, though."

"I'm sure we can find something," I say. I reach for my laptop on the floor next to me and begin a search of things to do in Philadelphia. Dozens of posts come up advertising historical monuments. Phil and I have been to only a handful of them. I list off the ones that we haven't been to to Phil.

"I have no idea what any of those things are," he says once I'm done.

"Me either!" I exclaim. "What if I just scroll through a list of places and click a random one for us to go to?" I suggest.

"Sounds like a plan. I mean, I have nothing better," Phil replies.

I click on a website that is titled 'top tourist attractions in Philadelphia'. I then close my eyes and move the cursor up and down the page a few times before opening them.

"The Franklin Institute," I read off to Phil.

"The what?"

"According to the description it's a 'science museum and the center of science education and research in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US.'" I tell him.

"I like science!"

"Well, then this might it be a disaster then," I laugh.

We spend about an hour on our phones and laptops before getting ready to go. We aren't in any rush, as the museum doesn't close until 5pm and we have nowhere else to be today.

"Hey, Dan, can we practice?" Phil asks me after we have both showered, changed, and done our hair. He is holding up the scramble board.

"Sure," I tell him. "No rush, we don't have anywhere to go. I mean, the museum doesn't close until five and we don't have any other plans for the day."