Chapter One

I wonder about the source of the noise. The room around me seems somewhat empty, besides a table with a book on it, a scale, and a bed. I try to move away from the room that I am in, but I am restrained by a thick, heavy knot on each one of my limbs. I struggle, attempting to break the rope. After a few seconds, the rope rips and I walk away. Wow, that was easier than I thought it was going to be.

The book on the table is called Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. Who is that? I flip the tiny book to a random page, and put it down. I’m not really in the mood for reading right now.

I turn the doorknob, but it’s locked. I don’t even know where I am, and I’m already scared. I hear the door unlock, and rush back to the table, trying to look normal. Oh no, I think, remembering the thick ropes that were tied around my arms and legs a few minutes ago. Hopefully, the person, or something of the sort, will not notice. The person, who turns out to be an older-looking man, laughs. “I see you got out of the ropes…”

“Um…” I look at the man, and say nothing.

“You can speak, 9345, I give you permission.” He looks intently at my eyes, waiting for me to say something. I still remain silent, refusing to talk. “It looks like you are awake, and that means that the test was a success.”

I cough. “Test? Can you tell me where I am? Or who I am?” The man looks at me, sighing.

“Sure. This room here is yours, or, was yours. I--”

“Was?”

“Let me finish, 9345. Anyway, I am Dr. Lawrel. Your ‘name’ is 9345, which is the number of people who were here when you were created. You are sixteen years old. For those sixteen year, you have been tested on: getting injections, trying experiments, etc. This is the first time you are awake.”

“Was?”

“Yes, it is not yours anymore. You are much too powerful, so it is time we make sure you don’t destroy everything we have made.”

“Are you taking the powers out of me?” I wonder, waiting for an answer.

“Honey, the powers cannot be extracted.”

“Then what is going to happen?”

“Follow me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short. It's the first chapter, lol. I'm super excited!!