Chapter 20

Hey everyone!! Thanks for all your comments and it's been a little while but here's the

Almost There

POV Lady Shima

I could see thick, grey smoke rising from the not too far off distance.  It seems Orthion Law has made his move very quickly. 

"Taki!" I yell from my galloping horse.  He hears and catches up to my side. 

"Yes, Lady Shima?"

"You will take 30 of our men and make your way from the back of the village.  If the villagers were to flee, it would be by the river.  Guard them and do not let any Orthion soldier to pass.  I will take the rest and push through the front." 

"Yes, of course."  Taki processes my orders quickly and yells for the unit at the flank of the calavary to follow him as he changes routes.

"You two will stay close and try to find Rina."  I yell to the captain and the medic.

Hang in there Yuuna....I pray for her well-being.

Looking for Her

POV Yuuna

"Rina!" I yell in a loud whisper.  I decided to run for the nearby wooded area hoping that she would be there. Searching among the wide open village would be suicidal...

When I find that Rina, she's going to get the biggest lecture of life! Argh!

The bleeding from my right arm has slowed down to a trickle but the problem is that I'm alone and handicapped.  Any enemy soldier would consider me an easy target.

Then I suddenly hear shouts in the distance, a little deeper into the woods.  I decide to follow the noise, hoping to find her.

A Hostage Situation

POV Rina

I pushed the brunt of his attack to the side and stepped forward to deliver my own blow.  He barely dodged it and retreated back a bit.

"Rina, you are impressive as ever.  And I was thinking that your stay here would have made you rusty." 

"Perhaps, or maybe you're just getting old." I give a little crude sarcasm.

I could tell through his heavy panting that he won't be able to keep up for much longer.  This fight is definitely my win.  As long as I don't get cocky.

"Sorry Law, but your escapade ends here."  I take my stance to deliver a finishing strike.

However, out of nowhere he throws down his sword and runs towards a tree to his right?

I only process his actions when he yanks Yuuna from behind the tree and draws his knife to her throat.  I stop in my tracks.

"Why hello there missy.  I've noticed you watching and now your going to be of use to me."  He begins to laugh at his good fortune.

Damnit! I curse.  I notice that Yuuna's sleeve is saturated with her blood. 

"Drop it." I hear Law hint at my sword.

"Don't!" I hear Yuuna protest but he pulls on her injured arm to silence her with pain.

I weigh my options.  If I give up my sword, there's no way for me to get out of this alive....but if I don't then Yuuna will surely die.  The choice is obvious.

I throw my sword far away from where I stand. 

"Oh? How unlike you Rina!  Throwing away your weapon for her?!"  He laughs with satisfaction.  "That must mean this pretty little thing must mean something to you, am I right?"   He tightens his hold on Yuuna, bringing her closer, and grotesquely moves his tongue up her neck.