The Blindfolded Young Girl

A little girl in the midst of a flower field, her black hair and white dress flutters with the wind, stares up at the big blue sky.

A young girl in the midst of a fire, her body and tattered clothes dirtied with black smoke, stares up at the starry sky.

A young woman in the midst of dead bodies, her hands and black clothes dyed with dark red blood, stares up at the red orange sky.

A woman in the midst of the sea, her face with a solemn look, stares at the breaking dawn in the horizon.

She was an existence feared by gods; an existence bane to devils. She was abandoned by everyone; exiled from their realm. She forgot her past, background, and identity.

Who is she?

---

On top of a building, a woman in her late 20s stood with her hands behind her back. Her black hair flutters with the wind as she stares in the starless sky. Her emotions locked up in her heart as she carries her usual expressionless face.

She quietly took a dagger from her pants and shot it towards the closed door several meters to her right. She didn't look but a man with red hair and huge smile walked out from the door. If the man was a few seconds early, there will be a huge hole in the middle of his eyebrows. This brought him cold sweat but he still kept on smiling.

As soon as the man appeared, he saw the solemn look on the woman in front of him. She wasn't beautiful but her charm is not something one would forget; particularly how she looked lonely.

She was the most famous and skilled bounty hunter in the world. She was aloof and isolated from everyone else. Her cold attitude only made it hard for anyone to understand her and her plans. Maybe it really is lonely being the one on the top? The smiling man's thought was always like that which made him continuously want to be chased by her.

"Your subordinate has been caught."

The man said as he kept on staring at her figure. He finally caught them and will finally be able to have her, is what he really thinks.

"I know."

She finally looked at him. Her black eyes are not rare but what's rare is how one felt after being looked by her. It's her eyes that brought all kinds of feelings and emotions in one's mind, heart, and even soul.

"Do you know how this works?"

He pulled a small medicine bottle from his coat's inner pocket. It contains a small white pill. She didn't even look at the bottle in his hands. She only stood there, looking at him.

He threw the bottle to her and she caught it with one hand.

"I will give you a pain reliever every five days. The antidote will be given after the job. I'll also say this, your subordinate also swallowed one but we will still keep her."

She opened the bottle in her hand and swallowed the pill without any hesitation.

"Where is my other teammate?"

Everyone knew that she worked alone. But, few years ago, she made a team of three with a young woman and a man. They have been completing missions as a team and her teammates rose up in ranks. The three dominated the top boards of bounty hunters. However, they met something unexpected today. The man in front of her was the most wanted criminal in the whole world who is connected to various crimes such as wars and drugs. He was the man she continuously apprehended but had always escaped at a later time.