Chapter 4 What Will Hapen About Kanou?

The rice ball making was a total success. The student council managed to make enough rice balls for all of the sports team boys.

But there was a weird batch of rice balls in the mix. They didn't look like rice balls and weren't even triangles! It was hard to tell if they what they were made of (I'm assuming rice...? Maybe...?) and they tasted awful! Yukimura had been wondering who made them. *cough cough Misaki cough cough*

Kanou couldn't seem to wrap his mind around the fact that Yukimura is a shinigami (god of death). After all, Yukimura is a sensitive crybaby, that looks (and sometimes acts) like a girl. Weren't shinigami supposed to be scary?

Kanou could have sworn that the writer had only made him there for a laugh. You know, a comedy relief, but finding that he was more..., was unexpected. Especially how dark Yukimura's secret had been.

That was probably the last thing that Kanou would have guessed. After all, the original show wasn't fantasy-like in any way (except for Usui), the only things that happened in the show were realistic (except for Usui, again), so no one would have even suspected the truth.

Yukimura is a shinigami. That entire sentence sounded wrong. The words Yukimura and shinigami do not belong in the same sentence. It sounded like an oxymoron. But it wasn't.

Kanou pondered this as Yukimura was carrying a rather large pile of papers. Yukimura seemed lost in thought as well because he tripped on something that was on the floor.

"Ah!" He yelped as he fell. The papers flew everywhere. "Oh no!" Yukimura cried pathetically, "I need to get those to the pres!"He began to gather the papers.

That did nothing but disprove what Kanou was trying to get himself to believe. "I'll help you." Kanou said.

"Thanks Kanou-kun!" Yukimura said happily.

Kanou crouched down and helped him pick up the papers. After all of the papers were in their hands, Kanou asked, "Yukimura-san, where were you going to put these?"

Yukimura looked up at Kanou (because Yukimura is shorter) and said, "I was going to give them to pres, but she's not here. So I was going to put them on her desk."

"Wait, where's Misaki-chan?" Kanou asked, "Isn't she supposed to be here?"

"It looked like a fight was starting in the hallway," Yukimura said, "I think she went to go break it up."

"I feel bad for those kids in the fight." Kanou said.

"Well Pres is really strong." Yukimura said.

They put the papers on Misaki's desk. "Thanks for the help Kanou-kun!" Yukimura said with a smile. Then he went back to his duties as vice president.

"Seriously," Kanou thought, "That guy's a god if death?"

* * * *

Now that his business with club activities was over, Yukimura was on his way to his job. But it wasn't like usual. Instead of a dead soul going through the door, Yukimura would.

He had to go explain things to the other shinigami. Yukimura didn't like the idea of keeping Kanou a secret from them. He was prepared for punishment for letting his secret out.

Yukimura put on his black cloak and hood, then got his scythe out of his bag.

With it's blade, he sliced through the air. Outlining where he was to summon the door. And within seconds, the door appeared.

Yukimura sighed, wondering whether he really had the courage to open the door. In the end, he pushed it open. "I have to tell them sometime. It's best to do it now."