~Chapter Fifteen~

"Are you sure?" Lexi asked, adjusting her dress.

"Yes, Lexi. It looks lovely, come on. We're going to be late." He held out his hand and she sighed, turning around and taking his hand.

They walked down the stairs and out of the house.

Lexi's mum was standing just across the field with the kids. Olivia squealed as soon as she spotted Lexi and started running towards her.

"Lexi." Olivia said giggling, she picked her up and held her against her hip, kissing her cheek. Layton went forward and said hello to Alexa's mum and Hannah.

"Have you been looking after mummy, Olivia?" Lexi asked. She nodded, smiling. "Good girl."

Layton walked back with her mum and Hannah. Her mum seemed eager.

"Mum." Lexi put Olivia down on the floor and hugged her mum lightly.

She was about to pull away but her mum pulled her closer.

She eventually let go, and they walked towards the village. They were just going to a restaurant in town and on the way the conversation stayed basic and they stuck to talking about things like the weather.

When they arrived, Layton stepped forward and sorted out their booking, before they were all led to a booth near the window.

"So... How have you both been?" Her mum asked, sitting Olivia next to her.

"Good." Lexi replied, Layton slipped his arm round her shoulder and looked at menu. "It's much more relaxing here."

"I know. It's wonderful. It's actually organised. You guys are doing a great job.' She told them.

"I haven't really done much." Lexi admitted and Layton shook his head.

"There's not much to do right now though. You've been at most of the meetings and contributed in those." Layton pointed out. "A lot of it is just keeping it all going."

"Well, I know the pack love it. It's just so nicely run." She told them.

They ordered food and drinks.

"I've got good news." Layton told them. "I've found a house for you. It's 4 bedrooms, just down the road from here. It's not too expensive, but I've sorted that for you." He explained. "The applicationd have all gone through and you'll have the keys withing the next few days... If you like it of course, I'll take you tomorrow morning for a viewing?" He explained.

"That's wonderful! Oh thank you.. that's such good news." She said sounding genuinely happy. "I'm so thankful. I really do like it here, and so do the girls." She added, looking at them.

"You know you're welcome. We couldn't just leave you there with him, mum." Lexi said quietly and they shared a sympathetic smile.

The food and drinks arrived soon after and they tucked in, Layton took some pressure off of Lexi's mum and helped Olivia, lifting her onto his lap when she was making a fuss and letting her try his food.

"What about this..?" He asked, putting a chip onto his fork for Olivia. Her eyes lit up and she took the fork from him, she was much more interested in his food than her own.

"You haven't heard from them?" Lexi asked her mum.

"Yes... Well... Edward phoned, and spoke to me breifly, but your father obiously came back home because he ended the call quickly and the door slammed." She explained calmly. "That man never knew how to close a door."

"I can agree with that." Hannah mumbled.

"What are you doing about school Hannah?" Lexi asked her.

"She'll be enrolled in the high school, I'll put all of the paperwork through do you can start next term. It's a few weeks off, but it'll give you time to settle first, yeah?" Layton asked her and she nodded.

"Thank you." She replied, and he nodded, checking on Olivia who was still eating his chips.

"Olivia, why don't you eat yours, sweetie? I'm sure Alpha Layton doesn't want-"

"She's okay... Honestly. And you know you don't need to call me alpha, I don't expect that... " Layton told her quickly. "I know I'm technically not part of the family yet, but-"

"Layton." Lexi stopped him, putting her hand on his knee. "Of course you're part of my family. You're my mate." She told him. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

He smiled, holding Olivia with one hand and reaching for her cheek with the other. He was just going to kiss her forehead as he thought she might not want to kiss infront of her family,  but she pecked his lips lightly a few timed. Olivia screwed up her face and pushed inbetween them, Layton pulled away laughing at her.

"I'm really glad you two are happy.. I can't wait until you have kids." She clapped her hands excitedly.

Layton seemed a little surprised and had a retake. Lexi laughed at him. "A few years mum.. at least."

"Oh, that reminds me. We haven't told you. Lexi's luna ceremony is on Sunday." He told her mum, still holding Olivia on his thigh.

"Oh.. so soon?" She said.

"Are you disappointed?" Lexi asked.

"No, I didn't mean it like that. I just want you to be sure, Alexa." She said, with a motherly tone.

"Mum. Firstly, you never call me Alexa, unless you're annoyed. And secondly of course I'm sure. I'm not going to change my mind, after everything Laytons already done you're doubting it?" She asked, raising her voice a little.

"Leave it, Beautiful." Layton told her quietly, wrapping his spare hand round her shoulder and holding her hand.

"Don't worry about it. Congratulations." She said, finishing her food.

You could cut the tension with a knife for the rest of the evening.

They walked out of the restaurant after paying and walked back up towards the field.

Layton kept hold of Olivia and swung her round as they walked, eventually putting her up onto his shoulders.

"I'll see you soon, sweetie." Her mum said goodbye to her and Layton, taking the girls back into the pack house where they were still staying.

They walked back to their house in silence and the boys were downstairs watching football. They went upstairs together.

Lexi slipped off her heels and sighed leaning against the wall. She watched Layton take off his shoes and jacket, he looked over as he unbuttoned his shirt, not breaking eye contact.

She walked over alluringly and he turned towards her, surprised as her hands latched round his neck and her lips attacked his suddenly.

His hands went to her waist as he pulled her closer, responding to her urgency. He directed them towards the bed, but she wasn't moving quick enough for his liking so he put his hand under her behind and lifted her up, lowering her down onto their bed below him as they continued to kiss deeply.

She reached up and slipped his shirt from his shoulders, running her nails down the curves of his faint abs. He growled, lowering himself down and making her feel his growing arousal.

They both pulled away for air and he kissed and nibbled down her jaw and neck, stopping on her collarbone to gather himself.

"Lexi, we have to stop if you want to wait until the ceremony." He told her.

She bit her lip, catching her breath and nodding. "Okay."

He leaned down and kissed her softly a few times, she moved her hips against his to tease him and he growled, his eyes flashing black.

"Ugh. I can't wait until Sunday." He mumbled, rolling off of her chuckling.